[IPAD1] stream collection to IPAD1 (not jailbroken)
I have a first gen IPAD and setup a UPNP for my movie collection. The IPAD sees the collection but when I attempt to play any type of movie, there's no audio/video. Is this even do-able using UPNP for IPAD? I'm hesitant on jailbreaking since I'm unfamiliar with Apple products or jailbreaking an Apple product.
To sum it up, I'm looking to see if it's possible to stream my video collection to the IPAD without jailbreaking it.
you need to JB to be able to install XBMC
amet Wrote:you need to JB to be able to install XBMC
I understand that is an option. What about the UPNP option? I have a PC with my collection, added it to a UPNP server, and when I try to play anything on the IPAD, I get nothing.
KuwaitiCrud Wrote:I understand that is an option. What about the UPNP option? I have a PC with my collection, added it to a UPNP server, and when I try to play anything on the IPAD, I get nothing.

if you dont have xbmc on it how do you expect us to help and troubleshoot your issues?

have you tried apple forums ?
I have XBMC on my PC and setup a upnp share through XBMC.

I type in the address of my pc on my ipad and login. I see my collection on the IPAD but I can't play anything. So, is UPNP able to work this way on the IPAD or not?
Nope, what you are looking at is the web interface this will allow you to browse your collection and I think start play on the main machine. Two ways you could do it as amet says is jailbreak or get one of the apps from the app store that will allow you to view videos on the iPad. AirPlay springs to mind. Hope that helps
KuwaitiCrud Wrote:I have XBMC on my PC and setup a upnp share through XBMC.

I type in the address of my pc on my ipad and login. I see my collection on the IPAD but I can't play anything. So, is UPNP able to work this way on the IPAD or not?

what software are you are trying to use to stream from xbmc upnp server?
amet Wrote:what software are you are trying to use to stream from xbmc upnp server?
I'm not using anything other than XBMC on the PC and opening the UPNP server on the IPAD. Am I misunderstanding how UPNP works? I thought with it enabled in XBMC, I could watch the media on my IPAD without having to install anything. I see the collection but nothing happens when I select a movie.
KuwaitiCrud Wrote:I'm not using anything other than XBMC on the PC and opening the UPNP server on the IPAD. Am I misunderstanding how UPNP works? I thought with it enabled in XBMC, I could watch the media on my IPAD without having to install anything. I see the collection but nothing happens when I select a movie.

what I am trying to say is that you are not running xbmc on iPad and there is nothing for us to help you with...

xbmc on PC is serving content, why iPad is not playing it is not an XBMC question its apple question.
KuwaitiCrud Wrote:I have a first gen IPAD and setup a UPNP for my movie collection. The IPAD sees the collection but when I attempt to play any type of movie, there's no audio/video. Is this even do-able using UPNP for IPAD? I'm hesitant on jailbreaking since I'm unfamiliar with Apple products or jailbreaking an Apple product.
To sum it up, I'm looking to see if it's possible to stream my video collection to the IPAD without jailbreaking it.

Have you looked into using Plex?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IPAD1] stream collection to IPAD1 (not jailbroken)0