[WINDOWS] XBMC Intermittently Fails To Load on Win7 64-bit
Question 
Hi, this is my first post, so hopefully I have covered everything required.

The problem I am having is as follows: when I launch XBMC on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop, more times than not, it briefly shows the loading cursor and then goes no further. My laptop then proceeds to engage the CPU at a very high-level (around 70% on average), sometimes hanging until I force restart.

From looking at posts already on this forum with similar issues, one possibility is that this is to do with drivers for the built in Intel GPU on the i5 chipset I have. I have tried installing the latest drivers, installing the latest version of DX9, uninstalling and re-installing XBMC...

I've also tried to create a log in accordance with this post - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=790677&postcount=4. However, it doesn't seem to actually log anything because it doesn't seem to get close to starting fully. As such, I'm not able to give a log here.

I would be really grateful if someone would point me in the right direction, even if that direction is "you can't use XBMC at the moment" because I've looked everywhere I can and not found a solution yet.

For completeness, I have a Toshiba laptop, with i5-2410m chipset, 6GB of RAM and W7 64-bit installed.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC Intermittently Fails To Load on Win7 64-bit0