MPG file format and subtitles
Hello all!

Just got started using xbmc. I'm having a couple of issues.

The first thing is MPG file format used by my home videos. Does XBMC play this file format? I had the same problem with Boxee. I decided to make the switch to XBMC as I really wanted view my home videos. To my horror the same problem with XBMC. Sad

Is there anyone on this forum that can view MPG file format on their XBMC? Then at least I know it is possible and worth pursuing. I've googled around and found no solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The second issue is with subtitles. I've installed the add-on xbmc subtitles and I used this how-to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75437 to do it.

In the settings>advanced options of the xbmc subtitles add-on there is a setting which I've checked called 'Auto download first sync subtitile' Does this mean that if xbmc subtitles was working on my setup it would automatically download the subtitles?

I restarted my XBMC just to get a new instance of the log file going. I then uninstalled and re installed the XBMC sutbtitles add-on and I also tried to play a MPG video file. I've recorded the output form that log file. There was a lot of info and I was not sure what parts where relevant so I dumped the lot to a file Here's the link to the log file.

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look and give me some clues as to how I can solve these issues.

Thanks in advance.

lloowen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPG file format and subtitles0