XBMC not playing Mp4 files created by nero
Hi folks!
I have started such a thread at Sabayon forum because I am using Sabayon as my base distro for XBMC.

Now the guys there are great, but as yet, no takers for my problem...

When I originally transferred all my music to the hard drive - I didn't have much knowledge of .flac, .ogg etc and chose the digital format that nero encoded .mp4.

When I look at the formats supported - I see mp4 is on the list..

I can play in everything in the Gnome environment, but as soon as I go into XBMC I can't even see the files?

MY music collection is huge and I don't really want to redo it at the moment...can anyone help me with this problem?

bookie56
XBMC doesn't recognise .mp4 as a valid suffix for music, however you can configure this. In your userdata folder you need to create a file called advancedsettings.xml containing:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
  <musicextensions>
    <add>.mp4</add>
  </musicextensions>
</advancedsettings>

The <loglevel>1</loglevel> is optional but useful as it enables debug logging and gives more info on any problems XBMC encounters.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml for more on advanced settings.

JR
Hi jhsrennieBig Grin
Thanks so much for the info...
I will get to it and see what gives....

Thanks again!

bookie56
Hi jhsrennie!

Thanks for the info...brilliant! The "advancedsettings.xml" is a useful file.
Even when I added the mp4 the files wouldn't play by default, so I added the info about changing default player to dvdplayer from paplayer.

I will probably change my music collection to .flac eventually, but at the moment I can play the music!

bookie56

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not playing Mp4 files created by nero0