AVCHD causes XBMC to crash
Sad 
Hello everyone, this is my first post in the forums, but I've been enjoying XBMC for a couple of years now. I really need help on this:

I was forces to do a complete restore on my PC because of a video card update the went wrong, now I am trying to organize my library to the way it was after installing XBMC again (Dharma 10.1). The problem is that now the rared AVCHD movies do not play and even pressing "i" to get info on them on the library crashes XBMC. The same files worked previously without problems. I have tried reinstalling several times without any luck, I've tried installing the latest Nightly build without luck. I installed the version that I had before the crash (Dharma 10.0) but even that gives me the same problem.

I'm desperate now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
We need to see a debug log to work out what is going wrong. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then restart XBMC and do whatever is needed to reproduce the crash. Post the log on pastebin.com and post the link here.

A quick way to open the log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

and click OK and the log should open in Notepad.

JR
http://pastebin.com/yChZHKVm

There is the link, hope it helps.
Try moving C:\Users\Sebastian\Desktop\2\kill The Irishman (2011) 1080p BD9 AVCHD.iCandy\kill The Irishman (2011) 1080p BD9 AVCHD.iCandy.part01.rar somewhere else. It looks as if XBMC is crashing trying to scan it.

JR
Moved the file to it's original place (where it was before the system restore when everything worked fine) and it crashes again. It's not a corrupt file since the problem happens with other files in that format. Is there something I maybe need to install or update ?

Here's the log http://pastebin.com/A2mqXDFE

Thanks
It seems to still be crashing processing Kill the Irishman, or at least that's the last thing in the log. I meant to move the file somewhere where XBMC wouldn't find it.

JR
It's not only that file but the files that have that format. You mean reamove it from the library permanently? It worked fine before I don't understand what happened Sad
Anyone who has any idea of how to fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AVCHD causes XBMC to crash0