MKV stops playing at certain points and won't play past that point
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 (all updates as of Jun 17)
Intel i3 M380 (Asus A52F-XE5) 4GB 1066Mhz
Intel HD Graphics 8.15.10.2361
Conexant SmartAudio HD 4.111.0.63
Intel® Display Audio 6.14.0.3074
10.1 Dharma

My sister and I have the exact same system hardware wise. Asus A52F-XE5. The only difference is I have 8GB of memory and she has 4GB. But this is a recent upgrade. The settings in XBMC are set the same on each system (far as I can tell).

Some of her movies will just randomly stop playing on her system. And when we try and play the same movie again it stops in the exact same spot each time. This happens on some other movies as well. We have the exact same mkv movies and I have never had this problem with any movie (as of yet). I've re-installed the program and problem continues. I put the program in debug mode and then played one of the movies until it stopped. And saved the log file.

Hopefully someone can point me in the proper direction its driving me nuts.

http://pastebin.com/DYpN2FNR
First thing that comes to my mind are bad sectors on your media. Did you try to play it off any other media ? Other hdd, usb, network etc.
did you retransferred the files ? maybe something went wrong there

1st Htpc : LC-power LC1360MI case with MSI E350IA-E45 , 2x2gb patriot , 2tb samsung eco
2nd Htpc : same as above except ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe
I have not tried to play off any other device. I'll try sticking the movie on a USB thumbdrive and see if it plays without stopping.

No I haven't tried to retransfer the file(s). I will try that as well.
Nothing I have tried has fixed the problem as of yet. Still having the exact same issue though its expanding. Its now happening on my sisters, brothers and GF's systems. While its yet to happen on mine at all.
Whatever you do... DO NOT let any of the TOUCH your system Shocked
Better yet, don't let them in your house, don't take their phone calls....
Big Grin
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
I think that there is bad sector in MKV file. Some computer is more picky in playback than another. You can try to make new MKV with HandBrake. If there is bad sector, HandBrake will more likely recognize it.

The other note- 4gb should be more than enough to playback any BD file. Two of my HTP's are equipped with 4gb and another one is 2gb. All can playback any BD file with with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio codecs with ease!
There is corruption in the audio track:
554.18:22:44 T:5112 M:2390495232 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:1013907.750609, should be:1000397.760148, error:-13509.990460
555.18:22:44 T:5112 M:2395324416 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:1640436.060973, should be:1539026.624335, error:-101409.436637

It is after this point the system begins to uninstall modules.
Putting the file through Handbrake seems a good idea.
More likely HandBrake will catch the bad file before you play them with a media player!
Star 
I've seen corrupting files when using 3rd party move programs. Handbrake is a good solution if you've lost the original.
I have that problem with a few of my MKV files. Remuxing them with MKVMerge seems to fix most of the problems. It only takes a couple of minutes to remux a 40 minute HD tv show.

In fact, if you create a little batch file containing the text below and place it in the folder with the troublesome files it will remux each MKV file in turn and output them to a subfolder called "remuxed". This saves you the frustration of getting halfway through a show and if just stopping on you.

rem ***** Place batch file in show folder and run *****
md remuxed
FOR %I IN (*.mkv) DO mkvmerge -o ^"remuxed\%I^" ^"%I^"
cd .
(2011-07-26, 02:13)emptysoul Wrote: I have that problem with a few of my MKV files. Remuxing them with MKVMerge seems to fix most of the problems. It only takes a couple of minutes to remux a 40 minute HD tv show.

In fact, if you create a little batch file containing the text below and place it in the folder with the troublesome files it will remux each MKV file in turn and output them to a subfolder called "remuxed". This saves you the frustration of getting halfway through a show and if just stopping on you.

rem ***** Place batch file in show folder and run *****
md remuxed
FOR %I IN (*.mkv) DO mkvmerge -o ^"remuxed\%I^" ^"%I^"
cd .

did you find the fix i need help with is also
Hey,

same problem for me and I guess I figured out what it is. But I need help of you!!
Also My Video´s (only tried MKV) are stopping at exact the same point, with no chance of resuming them. What I found out is, that when I calculate the Filesize against the time the videos are running, it is always around the 2GB boarder.
So it comes to following questions where I appreciate your help.

1. Im accessing with AFP, are there any restrictions about the filesizes originated from kodi?
2. Are there any options or settings of AFP I can access?
3. Does anyone had the same problem and figured a solution?

I have a NAS where the files are stored, accessing Big files from my mac (write or read) is normally no problem, so I guess that the problem is not the nas itself or the AFP Option of it.

Thanks for your time!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV stops playing at certain points and won't play past that point0