• 5(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
gimli Wrote:Please read http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=821016&postcount=1 .
Provide the information we requested. Otherwise we can't investigate in that problem.

ATV2 4.2.2
Harmon Kardon AVR-635
HDMI 5.1AC3/DTS On
All Wired Ethernet
XBMC 20110620-862ff92 (Compiled: Jun 20, 2011)
Packages updated.

cu

gimli
Platform: ATV2
Version of iOS: 4.2.2 (2203)
Build: XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110622-d4c956b (Compiled: Jun 22 2011)
Installed: dpkg -i atv2 pakage from here http://hadm.net/xbmc/ae/
Network: wired
Receiver: Direct to LG TV
Connection: HDMI audio (16bit iOS Audio NOT selected)

Findings;

Menu background images load a LOT slower , xbmc on this build uses a constant 91% cpu while with other builds thats around 60%.

I dont get any sound, also not after deleting guisettings.xml, i cannot access apple menu anymore to change to 16bit (since i autoload into xbmc)

Lots of movies do not load ->
"One or more items failed to play - Check the log file for details.'

Most likely cause is that the movies having this issue are still packed in .rar files. This is however no issue on non AE builds.

See log ->

http://pastebin.com/Kyqah0un
gimli Wrote:Packages updated.

cu

gimli

Here's something that I noticed: if I install this update overtop the latest stable (10-8), then I get no sound from the video addon (TWIT). BUT .. if I uninstall 10-8 first, and then install this nightly ... I get proper sound from TWIT.

Of course, I have to set up all my network settings again, and all my audio settings ...

All audio seems to play - 2ch stereo TV episodes, 5.1 episodes, DTS ... Still seems slow loading, but all my test shows played. I didn't even bother testing if the scrapers were working yet ..

I tried playing audio files (MP3). It played, but said the "OpenGL Spectrum" add-on could not be loaded; an unknown error occurred. Played FLAC audio; also perfect.

So it appears that the trick is to uninstall first, before installing these nightlies.

Log: http://pastebin.com/tWB9paxF

Well done!

EDIT: It did it again! I exited XBMC; then went back in .. and my TWIT streaming is gone again! I tried changing my audio settings from Optical to Analog, to see if that triggered anything, but no good - I have no streams.

Well, there goes another nightly I can't use ...

New log: http://pastebin.com/JxPgcGME
Tenny Wrote:Setup: ATV2 ---HDMI---> Panasonic TV ( TH-42PX75U ) ---TOSLINK---> Pioneer Receiver (VSX-516)

Previously, I couldn't run the setup this way, as there would be a loud static sound when playing any audio. To remedy this, I would have to do HDMI directly to the TV, and TOSLINK directly to the receiver. This would allow playback of DTS & AC3 content just fine.

With the AE merged, I can go to the setup I stated above (thankfully!). When playing DTS / AC3 content (and doing pass through), it gives me a loud clicking sound. The other sounds plays fine (GUI sounds & other video files). Once I disabled AC3/DTS passthrough all the audio seems to play fine.

xbmc.log - AC3 / DTS disabled (Disregard the NFS issues, I was working out the permissions.)
xbmc.log - AC3 / DTS Enabled (Loud Clicking Sounds)

Updated to the latest (Built on Jun 22 2011 (Git:20110622-d4c956b))

Everything seems to behave exactly as it did previously. There is a crash in here when I tried accessing my NFS server (it has a high possibility of crashing if it's trying to access a server that it doesn't have permission for... still trying to diagnose that issue but I am pretty sure it's on my end), but that is common among both this and the nightly.

xbmc.log - AC3 / DTS passthrough enabled.
My setup:
- AE build from 6/22
- ATV2 iOS 4.1.1
- Audio out via HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver

Result:

- Navigations sounds work (after deleting guisettings) with Analog (2.0) and Digital (5.1) output.
- Playing music works (this is actually the first for me, haven't been able to play any of my MP3s on iOS prior to this build)
- All Media I've tossed at it so far has worked but with slightly more stuttering on video in the beginning of each file
@gimli: to get rid of the issue of deleting guisettings.xml, you can "just" rename the settings - assuming ofcourse that the initial deletion of guisettings.xml is all that is required and that the updates you're making don't also require it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

SandmanCL Wrote:My setup:
- All Media I've tossed at it so far has worked but with slightly more stuttering on video in the beginning of each file

pastebin'd xbmc.log with debugging enabled.
@keith: I haven't been able to reproduce the stuttering after the first time I loaded up the AE build. I've been playing with the new build a bit this evening and what strikes me as much slower than before is the startup time for media.

The following debug log shows xbmc start, navigating to a TV Show (The Big Bang Theory) and playing a few seconds of two episodes. Each startup takes almost 30 seconds.

http://pastebin.com/MCqf9eSJ
Tenny Wrote:Updated to the latest (Built on Jun 22 2011 (Git:20110622-d4c956b))

Everything seems to behave exactly as it did previously. There is a crash in here when I tried accessing my NFS server (it has a high possibility of crashing if it's trying to access a server that it doesn't have permission for... still trying to diagnose that issue but I am pretty sure it's on my end), but that is common among both this and the nightly.

xbmc.log - AC3 / DTS passthrough enabled.

@gimli - is there something wrong with your build? I see that it can't load ImageLib because of missing libpng

@Tenny

As for the crash with NFS i would like to get a log and a crash log (maybe better in the normal nightys thread) for investigation
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:@gimli - is there something wrong with your build? I see that it can't load ImageLib because of missing libpng

@Tenny

As for the crash with NFS i would like to get a log and a crash log (maybe better in the normal nightys thread) for investigation

Indeed there was something wrong with my build. Should be fixed now. New packages uplaoded.

@Memphiz: thx for pointing that out.

cu

gimli
New package is much better, everyone try it out!
Instead of deleting guisettings.xml, I think it suffices to change volumelevel from 0 to 10 in that file. Either that or the latest build has fixed this too :-) Too late to test further but at least I can confirm that the most recent works !
Definitely quicker loading of video, even 1080p has acceptable buffer time. Watched a few minutes and playback was good.

Updating library still got 'unable to connect to remote server', but I was able to rectify that by following a suggestion on a post I read earlier today by doing a 'force refresh' on 'xbmc addons'.

I note that the gui is a lot quicker to navigate in these later builds, but scrolling the video list is somewhat sluggish, perhaps related to the fanart taking a while to display (SMB). Happy to try other sources.

I was planning to mess around with some settings to do more testing for you guys, when XBMC crashed. At the time I was in the video library and tried to bring up the context menu of a recently added movie. At that point it went back into frontrow.

Hope the logs help.

XBMC: 20110620-d4c956b IOS: 4.2.1 ATV: 4.1.1
Samsung LA40C650 via HDMI
HDMI audio, 2.0, Boostvolume level on downmix
crash log - http://pastebin.com/YdCSz1iq
more logs - http://pastebin.com/8h64irXq

[EDIT] OpenGL visualization doesn't load, but this build is pretty sweet.
keith Wrote:New package is much better, everyone try it out!
ATV2 4.2.2
-XBMC 20110622-d4c956b compiled june 23
-no receiver, hdmi 2.0; no ac3 no dts;
-wifi
-music/movies on wired ftp server

ALAC playback log - CPU ~ 65%; good playback, no clicks, song played till the end and segued gracefully
FLAC playback log 1 - CPU ~ 90%; better playback, clicks are still there, i counted 10 clicks in a 6 minute song.
FLAC playback log 2 - When the song is playing, i go to fullscreen mode, bring up controls by holding Select button on the remote, start ffwding/playing/ffwding/playing/ffwding/playing XBMC crashes. This crash is reproduce-able

For both ALAC & FLAC when the song (the last song in the file list) ended, XBMC crashed Sad this crash is reproduce-able, see FLAC log 1)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0