[LINUX] ATV1 + MySQL + Win Nightly Builds
Hi all, the title of the thread resumes my concerns a bit:

INTRO:
In my house there are 2 HTPCs (Win se7en,XBMC 10.1) and one ATV1 (Crystalbuntu,XBMC 10.1) all the devices are wired and connected with a server wich runs a mySQL server, since the ATV rests in my own room is important to get the databases shared to achieve the "follow me" feature (watched videos and resume states).

THE PROBLEM:
All the latest Windows nightly builds come with a new version of the video and the music database, when you launch them for the first time, they modify the mySQL database making it unusable from the ATV1 that runs Ubuntu Hardy and have no PPA for nightlies. Right now I'm happy with the config since there are no major or very important changes (at least for my setup) added to the nightlies, but today I've red and tested the dirty region feature and that would be a must have for my devices, I now that feature is in tests proccess, but If nothing changes, I couldnt run latest versions in my house.

THE QUESTION:
I now I have the alternative of returning OSX to the ATV, but I would prefer to maintain LINUX in the ATV, and I can't update it to newer versions due problems with HDMI sound and graphic drivers (I think), so after all this text:

Will be a way in the future to update XBMC to the latest version under Ubuntu Hardy?

Thanks and sorry for the post extension and my bad english use (spanish native) :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] ATV1 + MySQL + Win Nightly Builds0