[Windows] Help BROWSING SMB shares, able to access them by manual share entering
Okay, sorry for the weird subject line and poor english. I'd edit it, but I can't. I'm tired. Brain... sore...

But here's what I'm trying to do.

obviously my life is complicated because I have windows 7 64 bit.

I've removed Windows Live EVERYTHING. Homegroup is off. Firewall is not enabled. UAC is turned off.

I can access all my shares through XBMC *HOWEVER* I have to perform the uncomfortable task of adding each share manually by typing smb://desktop-01/movies (desktop-01 obviously being my main computer name).

I'm able to browse my UPnP servers (PlayOn, PS3 Media Server), things such as AirVideo, ServeToMe/Stream To Me, iTunes Home Sharing.

Once I do that, I'm fine and it works. However, I want to be able to just browse my SMB shares without having to do this.

I've gone through endless every things trying to get this to work, but I've thrown my hands up in the air and I'm dying for any suggestions.

So - to confirm, I can manually add the SMB directories in, one by one, painfully so, but I need to figure out how I can just browse them, and thought this would be the place to go.

I have seen a few people post about this, but no solutions. I'll buy you a pony if you can help me out Smile
Tried this, too

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i...h_Windows7

So tired.
I got my apple tv installed and again, able to manually add the smb share by entering in \\desktop-01, logging in with my username and password.

But I don't seem to be able to scrape?
Try going into File Manager (on XBMC) and adding the source(s) that way. For example, browse to the Movies share and add that as Source (not it's subfolders). You will have to enter credentials to add it but after that you should be good - and scraping should work.

On the Win7 side, make SURE the account you are using has rights to ALL of the drives\folders\subfolders (sounds like it does though).
Another nice method is to use symbolic links to your SMB shares.

That way you can just point XBMC to the symbolic link on your local drive.

The symbolic links can be created effortlessly across your network using this program

Once installed just right click on your network folder(s) and "pick link source", then "drop as... symbolic link" on your local drive. Smile
I have noticed myself that smb browsing is somewhat
buggy in latest nightly builds of xbmc.

Sometimes i can browse my workgroup, sometimes not.
Usually be doing a reboot im able to get SMB browsing working for a short while.

Manually entering the smb path works fine.

Guess i should try and produce a debug log to see if any clues is coming up...
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Help BROWSING SMB shares, able to access them by manual share entering0