Really bad pixels on dark colors
I am using an Acer Revo 1600 as a HTPC. I currently have it running W7 in the background (mostly because I work with Microsoft, fail at Linux and had no luck with live), and XBMC on top of it.

Thanks to some very helpful people on here I've managed to get rid of all the issues that I was having, except some really bad pixelated graphics during video playback, which are very noticeable in darker video scenes.

I was reading online that one way to fix this was to change the render method to VDPAU, but that Windows doesn't support this. Is there another way to fix this issue?
could be many causes for macroblocks showing, one of them is too high contrast. another one is wrong colorspace.
What would you say is the best way to troubleshoot the issue? Just find a movie with a dark scene and change settings one at a time until it is fixed? Or is there a better way?
I'll "byte", would you say this happens more in files SD/HD with low compression (bigger files size) or SD/HD files with High compression (smaller file size)?

Or is all of the above?
From what I've noticed it really happens with all of the above

However, I'll have to check when I get home to see if it happens more (or worse) on one vs the others

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really bad pixels on dark colors0