XMBC Live 10.1 (from HDD) and problem with ATI HD4650
you have to know if your card supports mpg4 hw acceleration, right?
X3lectric Wrote:you have to know if your card supports mpg4 hw acceleration, right?

yes, my card support HW Acc for MPEG4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R700#Radeon_HD_4600

Quote:The RV770 GPU saw the implementation of UVD 2 (only available on Windows operating system), offering full hardware MPEG-2, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and VC-1 decoding and the support for dual video streams, the Advanced Video Processor (AVP) also saw an upgrade with DVD upscaling capability and dynamic contrast feature. The RV770 series GPU also supports xvYCC color space output and 7.1 surround sound output (LPCM, AC3, DTS) over HDMI. The RV770 GPU also supports an Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT) feature, which has video transcoding functions being assisted by the GPU, through stream processing.
Is that both in Linux or just windows? Linux is a whole new kettle of fish when it comes to drivers and support. look here if libvaa supports your card+all the formats its says it does. more reading here

Perhaps someone who is running Linux can help you further, you should ask on the ATI threads. snipex also gave you some advice worth reading earlier here

I don't have any ATI stuff so i couldn't tell you.

What I know is that now your hw acceleration is working. Even if partly.

cheers
the mpeg4 files plays smoothly but I doesnt see info about VAAPI into Information Screen.

XVBA supports MPEG2/4 hardware decoding for ATI cards with UVD2.0 or above (I have UVD2.2 in HD4650; Catalyst 11.6)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Video_Bit...celeration
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...aapi&num=1

I will try recompile ffmpeg with VAAPI enabled (if this have it)

Pawel
Im not sure how that is gonna differ, perhaps you need a much newer libvaa, internal ffmeg does a great job, but Im sure that your headed on right path, trying and testing stuff.

Just at least backup so if you bugger it all up at least you have something working to restore in minutes rather than hours.
are the files you are trying to play Xvid?

UVD3 includes support for DivX and Xvid via MPEG-4 Part 2 decoding and Blu-ray 3D via MVC.[6]

UVD2 does not support Xvid. Same for me with ATI 4250 (chipset integrated), only H264 and VC1 are decoded via vaapi.
So - as engineers like to say - works as designed Smile

For me its not a problem, since most of my files are mkv/x264. Everything I have in Xvid is SD, which is handled without probs by the CPU. I still use the GFX shaders for lanzcos3 upscaling on SD material, which works great.
AFAIK h.263 (ie mpeg4-2 - xvid/divix) is not supported by amd gpu's.
Well none of what I read so far indicated that it was supported in Linux, so eh.... The links posted by ch0mik here don't say anything about it, in fact they very clearly state it.

his complaint has been addressed and its apparently fixed...
I think that h264 is supported well - see screenshot (AMD Athlon XP 1800+, AGP Radeon HD 4650 with Catalyst 11.6 and VAAPI + XVBA)

Pawel
X3lectric Wrote:Well none of what I read so far indicated that it was supported in Linux, so eh.... The links posted by ch0mik here don't say anything about it, in fact they very clearly state it.

his complaint has been addressed and its apparently fixed...

excatly, its working as it should be.
his GPU only supports UVD2, which does not decode xvid/divx in hardware - neither on linux nor on windows.

only the newer series GPUs(ATI 5xxx series afaik) with UVD3 will decode xvid/divx
wsnipex Wrote:only the newer series GPUs(ATI 5xxx series afaik) with UVD3 will decode xvid/divx

AFAIK 5/6xxx ATI Radeon HD series is available only for PCI-E (I have AGP in my oldies Media Center)

PS. before I had a Windows XP 2005 Media Center Edition ....

with Regards
Pawel
never mind eh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Live 10.1 (from HDD) and problem with ATI HD46500