Absolute fanart/library mess...
Hi,
the library function just want work on my xbmc. Help!

Every time I try to import fanart and thereafter switch to library it messes up. Most of the videos are not found, and those found are way off the correct movie.

I have my movies on a Synology NAS, which the xbmc finds easily and I can play them from the file list. They are stored in the root under a folder named 'Movies' and in there I have every single movie in its own folder with the short/correct name on.

I tried to follow the online guide step by step, but no results. Also tried to reinstall and start over - but still no results...

Also the add-ons seemes to have a similar problem. Cant import subtitles and usually the add-ons like Fox News etc does not work either.

Do not suppose so, but can it be because of the hardware is not good enough? I have a Asus Eeebox 1501P B0100 (atom processor d525/1.8 GHz, 2gb ram and win7 64 bit. Guess the gpu is not impressive - nvida ion with no system video memory, but 512 mb dedicated (total available is 1270 mb)).
I doubt it is hardware related as i have a XBMCLive box running on a celeron 1.8ghz and a Intel 855 graphics card far far worse than your spec

I would be looking at the movie naming structure, check manually on the scrapper site and name your files accordingally a good templete is "nameofmovie (year).avi"

you can also go to movie info on each movie once in the libary and refresh you will be given a list to choose from to correct it. When done automatically in the first scrap it chooses the top entry but your film may be a couple down the list.
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Thanks a lot for answering - but I already made a test with five film put into first the Movie folder, and when that did not work, I tried to put the film in a related folder under the Movie folder, but strangely enoug it found the same fanart (some very old movie) for all of the five movies. Not matching a single one of them...

I think the movie structure is ok - altough I did not put the year of the film in the title. Just the exact English title...

I am not sure I understand your point about manually checking the scraper - can I enter the scraper and from there ad my movies indivually...?
adding the year makes alot of difference the scrapper can find the correct title easier

eg if i go to http://www.themoviedb.org and type green i get a film from 2000 called green but if i put green 2011 i get green hornet

go to the site type in the name of your folder or file and see what it is called on the site and rename your folder/file to that including the year

as a general rule always include the year it helps loads with wrongly picked up movies

as for manual i mean sellect the wrongly identifield movies and go to movie information (right click of the mouse or info on a remote) and do a refresh you will be given a list of films select the right one. Adding the year you will need to do this much less
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts

will try adding the year - but I am not too optimistic since it sometimes cannot find a single one of more than 100 movies. But again: Thanks, I will try it.
Let me know how it goes i think you will be plesently surprised

Another thing to try would be Ember MMR. I use it and have had no issues so far

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682
How about posting a debug log?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Absolute fanart/library mess...0