• 5(current)
Which remote do you use?
I've been using this remote for a while now, works well enough, especially with the MCE Remote addon. I caught it ons ale though, only paid like $17 , free shipping as well if I remember correctly. Laugh

Sometimes I use my Android phone though...it's actually more responsive tbh.
Squa7ch Wrote:Sometimes I use my Android phone though...it's actually more responsive tbh.

The phone is more responsive than that remote? really? wow...
Yeah and I don't have to point it at the PC either since it's uses WiFi...o and it vibrates lol
I use a Logitech dinovo mini and sometimes the xbmc-remote app for Android.
Squa7ch Wrote:Yeah and I don't have to point it at the PC either since it's uses WiFi...o and it vibrates lol

I dont like the vibrating on my phone - always has to change state to silent without vibrate to use the remote app.

And you should look at RF options if you dont want to point at the TV Smile
Image :cool:
kim1406 Wrote:I use the Rii mini keyboard, it is great and feels like a remote control as it is small. I don't have any problem with it. You could search on the forum here, many people are using it, but again you have to look into it sometimes.

I've tried two of those Rii keyboards. Bluetooth and wireless. Neither work, I am only 8 feet away from my HTPC. I really, really wanted it to work. Since then I have switched to the Harmony One remote and never looked back.
Have you guy see this- Cideko Air Keyboard Wireless Media Keyboard & Gyro Mouse

It has good ranges and it can be used as a media remote control too. I haven't see anything like it!
thunderbunny Wrote:I've tried two of those Rii keyboards. Bluetooth and wireless. Neither work, I am only 8 feet away from my HTPC. I really, really wanted it to work. Since then I have switched to the Harmony One remote and never looked back.

Where was your dongle located because I found having it in front works best I have mine on a USB cable behind my screen which will still connect at 43ft but if I turn away from it at that distance it fails although at 9ft which is the distance I'm using my wireless version it works faultlessly in any direction

I should imagine if its buried behind a machine its not going to help it unless you where unlucky and got two clones

I couldn't go back to a remote now I have shortcuts for everything not enough buttons on a remote for me
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
my Rii Mini USB Dongle is on the FRONT....
doesnt work great in the back,,,
I've had it in the back, it keeps my nMedia case from closing in the front. My kiddo likes to shove things in all the holes. I might try a cable running from the back though, that's a good idea.
thunderbunny Wrote:I've had it in the back, it keeps my nMedia case from closing in the front. My kiddo likes to shove things in all the holes. I might try a cable running from the back though, that's a good idea.
It's a pain to keep the little hand off the hole!

I re-routed the keyboard Bluetooth dongle and MCE IR to the front. It seems to give me better ranges, but it's still not as good as PS3 Bluetooth remote.

So far, my two identical engineers have not mess around with my htpc. As long as I turn on their favorite movies "How to Train Your Dragon, Avatar, Gnomeo & Juliet" and popcorn, they'll keep their hands off my component. They can finish two hours long movie without getting off the couch. Big Grin
thunderbunny Wrote:I've tried two of those Rii keyboards. Bluetooth and wireless. Neither work, I am only 8 feet away from my HTPC. I really, really wanted it to work. Since then I have switched to the Harmony One remote and never looked back.

The way I improved the range on my rii, which may seem a bit silly, but it comes with a charging cable. The charging cable has a Y-splitter, in the sense that you don't end up losing the usb port that you're plugging the charging cable into.

I just drag that cable under the bottom of the tv stand, velcro it underneath so it's slightly above the floor and closer to the sofa. Now I don't have to lean forward to make it work.

I have a Harmony One coming in, but I'd still probably use the RII for when I'm in Win 7 running EMM-R or what-have-you!
KeySonic KSK-3200 RF

Very handy. Small enough and useful.
thunderbunny Wrote:I've had it in the back, it keeps my nMedia case from closing in the front. My kiddo likes to shove things in all the holes. I might try a cable running from the back though, that's a good idea.

As I said my dongle is on a cable on the back of my screen at the top as I presume more height can only help

To some degree these are directional which is why I think its important to have the dongle in front of your seating position, when you have it round the back the dongle is somewhat shielded but more importantly its pointing away from you
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I use a harmony one with a Microsoft IR receiver and it works great. I dont have any weird lag and it was a breeze to set up.

Personally i love my harmony because i have it set up to control all the stuff in my living room, and that includes my AC and my Fan.

I have one remote that can control everything and being able to set up "activities" is great.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which remote do you use?0