Windows NOOB
all the errors will be at the bottom of this paste so maybe easier, all youtube seems to not work now
http://pastebin.com/tJkzvV5F
exact same problem on my other computer... which also workd last time i checked... must be a temp thing with my ISP or youtube... although the my browsers get youtube no problem
i cant download youtube videos with jdownloader anymore either, i think youtube have changed something which is causing the problems. i dont think me changing the skin on one computer could effect another computers xbmc and jdownloader. lol

will just wait patiently and hope for updates
youtubes working again in jdownloader and xbmc on both computers... wierd that it stopped for a day
cami Wrote:wierd that it stopped for a day

The Youtube add-on was updated yesterday and the update fixed the problem.

JR
cool, that was quick

iv got a new wee problem, iv googled and found people talking about it and the closest thing to a solution involves creating the advancedsettings.xml

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82385

i tried this and it didnt work, i just created a txt file, pasted the info in to it and saved as advancedsetting.xml

the problem is still happening, its annoying if you're watching something and it comes up and requires you to press yes or no
Check your log file to make sure your advancedsettings.xml is loading properly. You should see something like:

Code:
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
              <advancedsettings>
                etc
              </advancedsettings>

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for how to get at the log file.

JR
thanks, im getting this msg

19:53:15 T:2508 M:626839552 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 0
Error reading Element value.

Is there a guide for creating the advancedsettings.xml? I did read the wiki but thought i did it right, obviously did somehtign wrong.
Post your advancedsettings.xml here and I'll have a look.

A useful trick is to doubleclick the advancedsettings.xml and this should open it in Internet Explorer. If there's an error in the XML IE will tell you.

JR
All i did to create them was copy and paste the stuff from the other thread in to a txt file and renamed it.

<videoscanner>

Options specific to the Video scanner

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos
</videoscanner>
When i opened it with IE i got this msg "Options specific to the Video scanner true "
do you have
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   All the advanced settings stuff
</advancedsettings>

at the beginning and end of your advancedsettings.xml file?

Also, I'm not sure if Notepad buggers the xml files. You may want to use notepad+ to do your editing instead.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
cami Wrote:When i opened it with IE i got this msg "Options specific to the Video scanner true "

If you post the advancedsettings.xml here I can test it and spot the problem in 0.1 seconds or a bit longer if I have to save the world at the same time. If you don't post the advancedsettings.xml here it's going to take rather longer.

JR
rocketpants Wrote:do you have
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   All the advanced settings stuff
</advancedsettings>

at the beginning and end of your advancedsettings.xml file?

Also, I'm not sure if Notepad buggers the xml files. You may want to use notepad+ to do your editing instead.

No.

I literally only have what i posted previously. I'll have a look on google for the default settings.

I had
myself Wrote:
Code:
<videoscanner>

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos
</videoscanner>

Tried this but still no luck.
myself Wrote:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <videoscanner>

<videoscanner>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>

I have an xml editor (from office i think) which i can use but im not sure what to put in it. On the orginal xbox the advancedsettings.xml was already created so it only required editing values, with this creating my own im struggling.
cami Wrote:No.

I literally only have what i posted previously. I'll have a look on google for the default settings.

I had

Tried this but still no luck.

I have an xml editor (from office i think) which i can use but im not sure what to put in it. On the orginal xbox the advancedsettings.xml was already created so it only required editing values, with this creating my own im struggling.
You forgot to close the videoscanner with the "/" mark.
Think you have to re-read the wiki and check for typo's
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows NOOB0