How to change poster?
Using Aeon MQ 2, depending on my view mode it seems there is a banner, thumb, fanart and poster.

The poster gets used in my "List" view, but I can't seem to change it. When I go into info I can change the fanart (background), for example.. but I see no way to change the poster. And changing the poster.jpg does not update it within XBMC...
Aeon/AeonMQ2 does things that other skins don't like pull the actual local image in with the media for example movie.tbn and poster.tbn which do the same job if I was you I would use movie.tbn as they are supported natively by xbmc you can just rename your poster.jpg

As to your problem with poster.jpg not updating under movie info it looks like an error in the code unless its done for a reason buts its certainly stopping the poster.jpg showing so if you want to continue using poster then do the following

I'm not sure if I have the latest but if you look in the DialogVideoInfo.xml for me its line 83 it has

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath,,poster.jpg]</texture>

change it to the below use notepad++ or similar

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,poster.jpg]</texture>

Poster should appear in movie info after that if not delete your Textures.db in \userdata\Database might be an idea to delete that anyway
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Aeon/AeonMQ2 does things that other skins don't like pull the actual local image in with the media for example movie.tbn and poster.tbn which do the same job if I was you I would use movie.tbn as they are supported natively by xbmc you can just rename your poster.jpg

As to your problem with poster.jpg not updating under movie info it looks like an error in the code unless its done for a reason buts its certainly stopping the poster.jpg showing so if you want to continue using poster then do the following

I'm not sure if I have the latest but if you look in the DialogVideoInfo.xml for me its line 83 it has

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath,,poster.jpg]</texture>

change it to the below use notepad++ or similar

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,poster.jpg]</texture>

Poster should appear in movie info after that if not delete your Textures.db in \userdata\Database might be an idea to delete that anyway

The problem is I don't want to delete the database because I have chosen alternative thumbs, etc. which would get reverted to default... Sad
No they wouldn't I'm only talking about the Textures.db I'm not talking about the db your library is using (MyVideos34.db) if you make the change in the xml above your probably find your poster.jpg will appear without deleting your Textures.db anyway btw your need to make the same change in line 249

Aeon uses a cached image and it will also pull the image in with the movie if it exists (movie.tbn or poster.jpg) its only info for those that go in the Textures.db if you delete that and you still have a poster.jpg in with the movie it will put them straight back this is totally different to images you added from movie info with "reload", "get thumb" or "get fanart"

Don't you think I tested it first to see why your poster.jpg wasn't appearing in movie info, make the change and it will pull your poster.jpg from movie info just as it does in list view
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change poster?0