HDMI out on iphone/ipad
At home my atv2 is connected up to my TV so thats all gravy.

What i would like tho is to be able to connect my ipad or iphone to an lcd tv when im on holidays and watch some movies that ive had stored locally via XBMC.

I realise that apple do a hdmi adapter, im just wondering has anyone come across a better alternative or a similar one thats cheaper?

cheers
cyrusir Wrote:At home my atv2 is connected up to my TV so thats all gravy.

What i would like tho is to be able to connect my ipad or iphone to an lcd tv when im on holidays and watch some movies that ive had stored locally via XBMC.

I realise that apple do a hdmi adapter, im just wondering has anyone come across a better alternative or a similar one thats cheaper?

cheers

Search is your friend, we've had a few topics about this before. True HD output via HDMI is currently unsupported in XBMC itself. There are jailbreak options that will let you use XBMC over the HDMI adapter, but you will be limited to the iPad's screen resolution, which is just short of 720.

Look in Cydia for Display Out or TVout2. Last I saw Apple's HDMI adapter was the cheapest. For composite/component go with a 3rd party.
Ned Scott Wrote:Search is your friend, we've had a few topics about this before. True HD output via HDMI is currently unsupported in XBMC itself. There are jailbreak options that will let you use XBMC over the HDMI adapter, but you will be limited to the iPad's screen resolution, which is just short of 720.

Look in Cydia for Display Out or TVout2. Last I saw Apple's HDMI adapter was the cheapest. For composite/component go with a 3rd party.

hi ned, thanks for the answer,

so just to clarify, even if i have the apple hdmi adapter and im happy with 720p resolution, its not just a case of plugging the adapter in and watching XBMC on a bigger screen no?
cyrusir Wrote:hi ned, thanks for the answer,

so just to clarify, even if i have the apple hdmi adapter and im happy with 720p resolution, its not just a case of plugging the adapter in and watching XBMC on a bigger screen no?

Yes and no. If you install SBSettings you can get a quick toggle for the video out hacks (you won't want it on all the time because native iPad apps will often have official support). Since it's not a true HDMI output and the iPad's screen isn't 16:9 you might need to adjust the position/cropping for the first time. It's all really easy even if you do have to fiddle with stuff, just not as easy as native support (or the best possible quality). Very do-able for a short term solution.
I just tried DisplayOut and it works for non full screen apps (i.e. apps with the status bar) but full screen apps just appear black on the tv. And TVout2 is extremely buggy and unusable. I guess the JB for iPad 2 has just come out and these tweaks need updating.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI out on iphone/ipad0