[Newby] Music Library question
Question 
Hi,
all my music is properly tagged, contains embedded album art and more extended art as jpg/png/tiff in the Album folder.
When I scan the music library in xbmc (10.1 in Windows7) I understand everything is scraped from Allmusic. I have a couple of points I don't understand/maybe didn't configure properly/don't like:
  • when an Album/artist isn't found by the scraper the album will not be shown in library mode
  • often the scraped tags are rather inferior to my own (e.g. getting Pop Rock and Pop-Rock and Pop/Rock because those are the Allmusic tags.

Is there any way to force precedence for my own tags? Ideally still scrape for the extended info, but use my tagged e. g. Genre as primary info.
Also in library mode show everything, not just those albums where the scraper found something.

Also, is there a Addon or some other way to get (during Music reproduction) a slideshow of some kind made of the pictures saved in the relevant folder?

Thanks
XBMC uses your tags over scraped tags 100% of the time. If the tags showing up aren't the tags you think they should be, then my guess is there's tags in your files that you don't know about.

Further, XBMC only doesn't show something in the music library if there's no tag available.

Online scraping comes afterward. Eliminate it as a factor by turning it off.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jmarshall, thank you very much for the answer, I really appreciate it.

I'll scrap the music library and scan it in completely another time, then report with success or with an specific example. And a Log of the scanning of that single example.
Well, bummer.
I confirmed (with Mp3tag) with some albums that my tags were ok and different than those shown by xbmc, also that those some album were visible in file mode but not in library mode.
So I removed the source, compacted the library, and added a new source with a directory containing only a copy of those album. Add to library with the Allmusic scraper active and now those were visible and with the correct tags.
So I removed that source again and am now adding my whole music folder again, then I'll see if there will still be problems or not.

Again sorry and thank you for your time.

What about my Album art question - is there maybe an unofficial addon for that somewhere? I suppose all the relevant functions are already present in xbmc (file listing and picture functions and slideshow routine and so on), a pity I don't know python or I'd try it for myself.
Hi there,

FWIW i think my problem with missing entries in library mode was related to the (windows) pc going to sleep while the (long) scraping of the source was running (after adding the source, the scraper ran several hours).
I don't know if during reproduction xbmc is actively keeping the OS from putting the machine to sleep or if it just keeps going because from time to time I use the remote (in keyboard mode); if there is some provision maybe the scrapers should keep the OS from sleeping, too.

Hope that helps somebody.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Newby] Music Library question0