Help me sam your my only hope
I'd remove all remnants of old Transparency after switching temporarily to Confluence. You could directly SVN checkout in /addons directory but I'd rather not because it might have two levels, i.e. skin.transparency/skin.transparency. Check out to /home/atv and if it's all good sudo cp -R it to /root/.xbmc/addons
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:I'd remove all remnants of old Transparency after switching temporarily to Confluence. You could directly SVN checkout in /addons directory but I'd rather not because it might have two levels, i.e. skin.transparency/skin.transparency. Check out to /home/atv and if it's all good sudo cp -R it to /root/.xbmc/addons

Thanks. Have done and got the skin up and running now.

I am still facing issues with this new built. Quite often, it crashes and gives me the ubuntu command prompt. Also, I can basically not update the library as crash happens 10sec into the scan (tried 10 times and happened 10 out of 10).

I would prefer not to go back to the old built as I love the speed, but have a hard time with this given the crashes. On your homepage, I noticed that I am not alone with those crashes.

Any idea whether/when a fix can be expected? Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
In fairness to Sam I think my graphics glitches is my ATV going south.

Its been showing a few issues and I thought it was my old LCD tv however watching another source there is no issues, so I think my ATV has finally had enough of my tinkering.

In fairness to it, it was one of the very first ones shipped.

I am going to attempt to install linux again on my mac mini and stick the crystal HD in there.

Wish me luck, I tired three different ways last time and always came unstuck simply installing XBMC.
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. Have done and got the skin up and running now.

I am still facing issues with this new built. Quite often, it crashes and gives me the ubuntu command prompt. Also, I can basically not update the library as crash happens 10sec into the scan (tried 10 times and happened 10 out of 10).

I would prefer not to go back to the old built as I love the speed, but have a hard time with this given the crashes. On your homepage, I noticed that I am not alone with those crashes.

Any idea whether/when a fix can be expected? Thanks in advance!

Sorry about your crashes. They're probably because you're doing too much at once (first startup). DDS fanart is now on by default, taking a lot of kick, and you're trying to browse a library. DDS fanart is a one-off generated thing, but it makes browsing the library smoother later. Without an XBMC.log I can't tell you if it will be fixed or not because I don't know the problem.

garyi Wrote:In fairness to Sam I think my graphics glitches is my ATV going south.

Its been showing a few issues and I thought it was my old LCD tv however watching another source there is no issues, so I think my ATV has finally had enough of my tinkering.

In fairness to it, it was one of the very first ones shipped.

I am going to attempt to install linux again on my mac mini and stick the crystal HD in there.

Wish me luck, I tired three different ways last time and always came unstuck simply installing XBMC.

It may be an EDID issue, the settings in Frontrow not just your GPU. I'm going to be designing a Linux distro for multiple platforms soon, so stay tuned.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Sorry about your crashes. They're probably because you're doing too much at once (first startup). DDS fanart is now on by default, taking a lot of kick, and you're trying to browse a library. DDS fanart is a one-off generated thing, but it makes browsing the library smoother later. Without an XBMC.log I can't tell you if it will be fixed or not because I don't know the problem.

Quick Q - is DDS fanart being generated upon start-up or "only" once skipping through the files. I thought it would be the latter and thus shouldn't matter?

In my case, I am actually doing nothing else than updating the library. Admittingly, my library is huge, but it is the only task (no scrolling, no switching menus).

I checked the xbmc.log, but there is no indication whatsoever. I can run the more detailed log though. How can I turn this on ATV?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
DDS fanart is generated when library is updated and no DDS fanart exists already. Enable debug log under System for more info
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:DDS fanart is generated when library is updated and no DDS fanart exists already. Enable debug log under System for more info

Got it, I assume that my library is just too large (and every single movie/show has fanart) and converting the whole library to DDS is just going beyond the capacity of pre-Eden...

Will send debug-log shortly. Thanks for looking into this!
Doubt it. DDS fanart has been in Dharma anyways, it's not a p-E feature. You just need to give it time to convert everything.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Doubt it. DDS fanart has been in Dharma anyways, it's not a p-E feature. You just need to give it time to convert everything.

I am giving it all the time it needs ;-) Actually, I am in library mode and just select "update library"). Then, I don't touch anything and within 30-60 sec, it crashes. Anyhow, still owe you the log, which I will do shortly. Thanks for your help!
Quick update - I turned on the "debug-logging" and immediately noticed that CPU runs at 100% (and XBMC-CPU at 100% as well) without even playing any movies. Is this "normal"? I will send log later. Where is it best to send it to?
The log didn't include any error messages nor other indications. I believe that I identified the root causes of my constant crashes though. I learnt from the log that it always crashed once it "library update" reached one certain TV episode.

I have now deleted this episode and the library scan finished without crash. Given it crashed literally around 30 times before, I don't think that this is a co-incidence.

Any idea what this "magic episode" could have made to make my ATV1 crash?
broken container, XBMC likely can't extract "Movie and thumbnail information"
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:broken container, XBMC likely can't extract "Movie and thumbnail information"

Thanks for your quick reply! I can play the file though? Additional piece of info - 100% of my files have an NFO, poster and fanart associated to it (created by Ember). This file is the only one as it is a football game, so I had to manually create NFO et al. Could this be the reason or does it need to be the container? The file worked well before the upgrade and was added to the library.
Remux it to eliminate a container issue.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Remux it to eliminate a container issue.

Thanks, let me try that.

Separate question - is the add-on manager working with your latest install or is this pre-Eden release "still" linked to the Dharma repo. I just got a message that the "upcoming episodes add-on" is broken. Could I check/rely on the add-on manager or would I from now on do everything manually until Eden comes out officially?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me sam your my only hope0