XBMC 12 Frodo RC3 crashes on startup
After around 15 seconds on the home screen, XBMC just crashes.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC and still the same problem persist.
I've cleared caches but it doesn't seem to help at all, and I also don't have Plex installed, just XBMC.

http://pastebin.com/KpEqcfgc

Hopefully anyone can recommend a solution for this.
I need a crashreporter log and you need to turn on debugging.

First guess - Artwork Downloader or an other service script in the background does something evil (or just processes a bad image or something).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
For the crashreporter log, which one should I post here?
There's a bunch of *.plist in the folder

I had Frodo RC3 crashing on launch too (I wouldn't even get a loading screen though).
Restored/jailbreak, reinstalled but that didn't help.

Then I remembered conflicts between Apple's airplay and XBMC's airplay in beta/rc Eden versions (conflicts were gone in the final build) so I tried disabling Apple's airplay and that fixed it for me.

Your crash "after 15 secs" symptom reminds me of another conflict I also had to deal with in the past: if you have atv flash black media player installed, try removing it. They're supposed to have fixed this conflict in atv flash black 2.0.1, but I haven't tried reinstalling their media player (I don't like it anyway).
Looks like this issue is fixed now with latest xbmc update (Frodo 12). It no longer crashes on startup.
(2013-02-02, 18:47)alucard89 Wrote: Looks like this issue is fixed now with latest xbmc update (Frodo 12). It no longer crashes on startup.

Great Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
magic ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-02, 20:37)Memphiz Wrote: magic ...

Unfortunately this time XBMC only crashes when viewing movies library, I've posted another thread here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154485

Hopefully you can check this out,
Kudos for the latest official version of XBMC Frodo
Poster/fanarts display, and navigation is a lot better now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12 Frodo RC3 crashes on startup0