karaoke--set up, but now what?
Hi,

I read the wiki about setting up karaoke for XBMC, but I'm a little stumped. I have it enabled in the System options, but....now what? I have my CDG+MP3 files in a folder....do I choose that folder as a video source? a music source? Do I select the CDG files to play? the MP3 files? Is there a Library mode?

If someone who's done this successfully, on any platform, could chime in with a little more detail on how to set it up once it's enabled in the settings, I'd appreciate it very much.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
email me (pm) use dropbox or some service to send a complete track and I'll test it and let you know.

My cd-g drive is IDE I dont have any IDE supporting motherboards and all my cd-gs are in .plextor format .pxi image. I need to burn them and rip them and thats gonna take me a longer than you sending me a track.

Cheers.
ok I put files .cdg and mp3 in a folder after enabling karaoke, created folder named karaoke in nas or local dont matter, placed both mp3 and cdg inside, I get the music playing and xbmc goes unresponsive,

I have found this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Karaoke

I dont know what they mean by CDG+MP£ archived together I also trie putting them in a rar with storage compression and zip but with same results, perhaps it has to be combined in some program.
Thanks. Yep, I've read that wiki too, but it doesn't seem to indicate anything beyond how to enable karaoke in the XBMC settings (which I've done). We need someone familiar with the XBMC karaoke functions to chime in and explain how it's supposed to work AFTER karaoke is enabled in settings Smile
Hmmmm.....

Well, I SORT of got it working Smile I added my karaoke song folder (filled with MP3+CDG archive files in ZIP format) as a source, then went to Music in XBMC, entered Files, chose my karaoke song folder, and saw a list of karaoke songs. However, the songs were only the ones that were outside their ZIP archives; anything that was only present as a ZIPped archive was not listed.

That being said, for those songs that exist in the folder as separate MP3 and CDG files, I was able to click one and play it. Now I guess the trick is to figure out how to get the archived ZIP files to show up and be playable.
i dont get any image just sound... and definetly no lyrics or anything karasoke like. zipped or not its just a no go, I compiled this morning.
X3lectric Wrote:i dont get any image just sound... and definetly no lyrics or anything karasoke like. zipped or not its just a no go, I compiled this morning.

What platform are you trying it on? I'm going to give it a shot on my ATV2 here in a moment or two.
OK, doesn't show anything on ATV2, but I think that's a known issue if I'm reading the FAQ correctly. It does work fine on my OSX XBMC installation though (as long as the MP3 and CDG files are separate and not in an archive).
Im trying it on Asrock ION 330 HT
ok I found out what problem was...

I had dirty regions enabled (you have to enable it in as.xml) soon as I disabled it it works, Im just having trouble setting up microphone to output via hdmi or sommint.

In my case I just found ut another dirty regions bug.

anywho now to figure out how to scrape it or to setup mic.

Ended up sorta helping each other.
well apparently adding a mic to work realtime to a ion machine is like pulling teeth.
canadave Wrote:Hmmmm.....

Well, I SORT of got it working Smile I added my karaoke song folder (filled with MP3+CDG archive files in ZIP format) as a source, then went to Music in XBMC, entered Files, chose my karaoke song folder, and saw a list of karaoke songs. However, the songs were only the ones that were outside their ZIP archives; anything that was only present as a ZIPped archive was not listed.

That being said, for those songs that exist in the folder as separate MP3 and CDG files, I was able to click one and play it. Now I guess the trick is to figure out how to get the archived ZIP files to show up and be playable.

What kind of source did you make your Karaoke folder to get it to work, video or music?
Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:What kind of source did you make your Karaoke folder to get it to work, video or music?
Thanks,
Mark

Music.
all im interested is how to get the darned mic working in linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
karaoke--set up, but now what?0