• 23(current)
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.3
(2013-12-10, 22:13)brotbuexe Wrote: I have (too) many series to watch on time, so they get filled with episodes and it would be nice to have the current rating for the episodes too.
Do you plan to implement a episode rating update?

The IMDbPHP class give me the possibility to retrieve the seasons and the episodes of the tv series and I've created a php script to do this. But there is a big problem. The thetvdb.com and imdb are too much different. For example:

Angels in America:
Code:
Query to IMDb result:
{"result":{"episodes":[{"season":"1","episode":"1","imdbID":"tt1037264"},{"season":"1","episode":"2","imdbID":"tt1038222"}]}}

as you can see is formed by two episodes but in thetvdb the episode are six:
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...262&lid=15

for this reason is complicated to do the right thing Sad

(2013-12-10, 22:13)brotbuexe Wrote: And a "run automatically once a week in background" would be really nice.

I can try Wink
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
Thank you for the plugin.... sadly it is not working quite right... I do have the latest 1.3.1 version.

On the configuration page, I have set "Do you want to update MPAA with reason" to YES... Country to get MPAA to USA

But when I scan my "Movies" with the addon, I am not getting full rating... I simply get Rated R, Rated PG-13, etc.

I want to get "Rated R for strong violence and ..."

How can I get the full description? I really want this so that I can decide if my son would be allowed to watch a certain movie.

Here is a screencap of my Settings:

Many thanks again,

Hernando
I have found a little more info that before, but I am still not correct.

My movie collection prior had already basic MPAA rating... Rated R

A quick loks at xbmc.log shows:

Code:
15:52:17 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 28 Weeks Later: the new Rating is 7.0 with 157,939 voters and no new MPAA
15:52:29 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 30 Days of Night: no new Rating and no new MPAA
15:52:31 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 30 Minutes or Less: no new Rating and the new MPAA is Rated R
15:52:32 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 42: no new Rating and the new MPAA is Rated R
15:52:55 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 50/50: the new Rating is 7.8 with 190,408 voters and the new MPAA is Rated R
15:53:05 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 127 Hours: no new Rating and no new MPAA
15:53:14 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 300: no new Rating and no new MPAA
15:53:37 T:2920  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 360: no new Rating and no new MPAA

So there was one movie which I had just added that did not have the rating (21 Jump St) and it added it, but basically just the same basic Rated R.

It looks like script skipped other as they already had (basic) MPAA... Is there a way to force to re-scrape and provide the FULL rating like, "Rated R for blood and violence"?

Thanks,

H.
You guys are the best! This mod is so epic!
(2013-12-11, 23:15)hernandito Wrote: So there was one movie which I had just added that did not have the rating (21 Jump St) and it added it, but basically just the same basic Rated R.
It looks like script skipped other as they already had (basic) MPAA... Is there a way to force to re-scrape and provide the FULL rating like, "Rated R for blood and violence"?

Yes, the idea is to update the MPAA with the reason, if you want, this week-end I will test this function again and if there is a bug, I will release a new version with the fix. Don't worry, just be patient Wink

(2013-12-12, 02:55)playaz100 Wrote: You guys are the best! This mod is so epic!

Thanks Big Grin

(2013-12-12, 21:23)m4x1m Wrote: Yes, the idea is to update the MPAA with the reason, if you want, this week-end I will test this function again and if there is a bug, I will release a new version with the fix. Don't worry, just be patient Wink

Thanks Big Grin

I really appreciate it... I cannot wait to then manually incorporate it into the Aeon Nox skin... so I can scan the movies as they come in.

Many thanks!
New version, new functions and some fixes.

Download from SkyDrive
script.ratingupdate-1.3.2.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Code:
v1.3.2:
- Limit the search results of the TV Shows by the titles, only to the TV Series, TV Movies and TV Mini (request by brotbuexe).
- Now you can choose from three options for Background Mode: No - GUI Mode -|User - Runs by the user -|Service - Runs by the week day choose - (request by brotbuexe)
- Fixed issue related to the MPAA reasons that were not stored correctly (thanks to hernandito).

(2013-12-15, 16:25)m4x1m Wrote: New version, new functions and some fixes.

Code:
v1.3.2:
- Limit the search results of the TV Shows by the titles, only to the TV Series, TV Movies and TV Mini (request by brotbuexe).
- Now you can choose from three options for Background Mode: No - GUI Mode -|User - Runs by the user -|Service - Runs by the week day choose - (request by brotbuexe)
- Fixed issue related to the MPAA reasons that were not stored correctly (thanks to hernandito).

Three words.... Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Thank you very much... LaughLaugh
Just wanted to say excellent work and much appreciated, I have now incorporated this in the Xperience1080++ mod that I maintain...

My only wish list which was mentioned previously would be to get ratings for TV episodes, nevertheless thanks for your hard work Smile
This update did my day, especially the MPAA reasons are work like charm now Smile Its so useful!
Actually, because of this script, I can't see myself watching movie without XBMC. Big thanks m4x1m! Nod (how can I add rep point? Some reason Its seems like im unable to...?)
Great work as always, thanks! Smile

I wouldn't mind ability to update tv episode ratings too. (from thetvdb.com though Wink ) Not really that important as this script is already perfect! =)
Thanks for the update.

About the episode ratings. Looks like a mess to match the episodes.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...319&lid=15
There is a IMDB ID field, couldnt you use this to get the imdb ID and look this up to get the rating?
I don't know if this field is populated for all the episodes in thetvdb.

But as I understand your script does not use any thetvdb api requests?
And if you request the api every time the update runs this would be perhaps a unnecessary amount of requests.
So it should have to save the imdb of the episode somewhere in the sqlite db too.

What I don't understand, do they have the imdb id for the tv show on thetvdb.com? I don't see it on the frontend.
If you would decide to use a thetvdb.com request, it could solve the current problem about matching the tv show name and the imdb id for the show.

It's not a big deal if it is a too messy construct...

About the service mode.

1. What happens when it runs in service mode and a new tv show is present he did not have the imdb id for?
2. When I restart xbmc on a day, does the addon run only once on that week day?
3. The notification at the end of the service run had the title twice in the scrolling text: "TV Shows ratings summary: TV Shows ratings summary: 109 of 128 were updated"

If question one is a problem. It would be nice to just skip the new shows in service mode (only show a notification), and have the manual startup like it was beforce.
So I can just open the menu by clicking on the addon in programs, and have the service ability too at the same time.
I mean to have the service run as a additional option, not a option inside the run mode (foreground, background).
Hi M4x1m

Trying to give back.... I created this logo for your add-on.... please feel free to use it if you like it... no offense taken if you prefer your original logo.... Or if there is something else you would like me to try, please let me know.

EDITED OUT WRONG IMAGE
See two posts below.

Download:
Updated 2 posts below.
(2013-12-16, 18:35)brotbuexe Wrote: Thanks for the update.

About the episode ratings. Looks like a mess to match the episodes.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...319&lid=15
There is a IMDB ID field, couldnt you use this to get the imdb ID and look this up to get the rating?
I don't know if this field is populated for all the episodes in thetvdb.

But as I understand your script does not use any thetvdb api requests?
And if you request the api every time the update runs this would be perhaps a unnecessary amount of requests.
So it should have to save the imdb of the episode somewhere in the sqlite db too.

What I don't understand, do they have the imdb id for the tv show on thetvdb.com? I don't see it on the frontend.
If you would decide to use a thetvdb.com request, it could solve the current problem about matching the tv show name and the imdb id for the show.

It's not a big deal if it is a too messy construct...

No requests to thetvdb.com and the initial idea was to use the rating of IMDb because is more frequented than TVDB. As I said you in the previous post, I can retrieve all data in this form: season - episode - imdb id (I can match this with xbmc database without problems). The real problem is to match this result with thetvdb.

(2013-12-16, 18:35)brotbuexe Wrote: 1. What happens when it runs in service mode and a new tv show is present he did not have the imdb id for?
2. When I restart xbmc on a day, does the addon run only once on that week day?
3. The notification at the end of the service run had the title twice in the scrolling text: "TV Shows ratings summary: TV Shows ratings summary: 109 of 128 were updated"

If question one is a problem. It would be nice to just skip the new shows in service mode (only show a notification), and have the manual startup like it was beforce.
So I can just open the menu by clicking on the addon in programs, and have the service ability too at the same time.
I mean to have the service run as a additional option, not a option inside the run mode (foreground, background).

1. I think this is the best solution. When the script runs in a background mode, skip the new TV Shows but add it in the ruDatabase with IMDB id empty. In a second moment you can search the TV Show by activating management in the addon settings. (too difficult now to rewrite the background mode code)

2. Confused You're right, in the next release I'll add a workaround to prevent a new scan when you restart XBMC in the weekday choosed.

3. Thanks I will fix this in the next release.

(2013-12-16, 21:52)hernandito Wrote: Hi M4x1m

Trying to give back.... I created this logo for your add-on.... please feel free to use it if you like it... no offense taken if you prefer your original logo.... Or if there is something else you would like me to try, please let me know.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh:Thanks, but can you trim the final "R"?
The name is Rating Update and not Rating Updater.

(2013-12-17, 09:55)m4x1m Wrote: Thanks, but can you trim the final "R"?
The name is Rating Update and not Rating Updater.

How embarrassing.... Blush Blush Blush

Here is the updated file:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/f56xku2avw...pdater.png
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.37