How to display a stream from gstreamer?
Hi there,

I'm trying to develop a SIP video-conference script that uses telepathy/farsight/gstreamer. Apart from other things, I use a gstreamer pipeline to compose a video stream that shows the incoming video and my own video (from my webcam) on top of it (smaller, on a corner). However, I can display that stream on a X window but now I want to embed it in a the user interface. I thought about creating a video control and then try to find a I way to have it playing the stream that comes from gstreamer. But how can I do that? The only way I find is to encode the video and audio streams (mpeg2/aac), mux with in MPEG TS and then send it to a UDP socket using a multicast address. Then have the XBMC player to play something like udp://@224.1.1.1:5000. But this causes a problem: the XBMC player takes a lot to start and has a lot of buffering problems, causing a lot of delay. I also get a lot of delay because of the MPEG/AAC encoding and muxing process. I don't know if I can send raw audio and video data through a udp socket and have XBMC player to handle it...
I only thought about RTP, but I really don't know if it will work out...

Any help is welcome!

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to display a stream from gstreamer?0