Movies not added to library
My problem is that about 16 movies are not added to the xmc library.
All of them are in sperate folders and each of them has it's own movie.nfo file.
I use Ember Revised for the scraping and creation of all the NFO files. So all are done the same way so only 16 of the about 197 show this problem.
Already deleted my library and readded everything. No problems with TV series.
This is a part of the debug log wich show it can not find nfo file however it doesn't use the xbmc built-in scraper either.
Quote:19:54:53 T:4256 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media4/Films/Algemeen/The Task (2010)/' as not in the database
19:54:53 T:4256 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media4/Films/Algemeen/The Task (2010)/The Task (2010).mkv'
19:54:53 T:4256 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'The Task' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Martijn\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '1.4.1')
19:54:53 T:4256 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/nl/xml/57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9/the%20task+2010</url>
19:54:53 T:4256 DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0C2EE878) http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sear...0task+2010
19:54:54 T:4044 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 4044 terminating (autodelete)
19:54:54 T:4256 DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>
19:54:54 T:4256 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'The Task' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Martijn\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '1.4.1')
19:54:54 T:4256 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/nl/xml/57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9/the%20task+2010</url>
19:54:54 T:4256 DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0C2EE878) http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.sear...0task+2010
19:54:54 T:1360 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://xoap.weather.com (easy=02EBBFF8, multi=02EBB310)
19:54:55 T:4256 DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>
19:54:55 T:4256 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media4/Films/Algemeen/The Task (2010)/

Full debug log:
http://pastebin.com/ktNWTeR4
Example NFO file:
http://pastebin.com/yWEuCer0

If i do delete the nfo file xbmc does use the internal scaper and movie gets added.

Using nightly "XBMCSetup-20110812-a75cce4-master".
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Tried another aproach by ussing "<movie title>.nfo" instead of "movie.nfo" and now the missing movie are added. Why doesn't "movie.nfo" work with some movie?
The only reason I know which causes movie.nfo to be ignored is when "use folder names for lookups" isn't enabled
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:The only reason I know which causes movie.nfo to be ignored is when "use folder names for lookups" isn't enabled

Yes i read that in the wiki. However i do find it strange that it is ignored completely. I can understand if you enable "use folder" it does priority search for movie.nfo before searching "<moviename>.nfo". It was my understanding if you disbable it it search for whatever nfo file is stored in the folder.
It's completely ignored because its a lazy .nfo file designed for one-movie-per-folder layouts that will cause a hell lot of trouble in case the scanner would pick it up regardlessly of the scraper settings. Eg. you will end up with 200 x "Titanic" .. you don't want this, right?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:It's completely ignored because its a lazy .nfo file designed for one-movie-per-folder layouts that will cause a hell lot of trouble in case the scanner would pick it up regardlessly of the scraper settings. Eg. you will end up with 200 x "Titanic" .. you don't want this, right?

Not realy. I don't like that movie that much Confused
But that aside.
If it skips the movie.nfo if the "use folder" is disabled it should have scanned the movie with the internal scraper.
However it didn't and only if i remove the movie.nfo it uses the internal scraper.
No title based search was performed? Well, then it sounds like an bug. Please make sure it's not a search issue and file a bug ticket. Feel free to cc me.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It did a search just fine - just no results were returned (debug log is in first post)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Then it's no bug.
jmarshall Wrote:It did a search just fine - just no results were returned (debug log is in first post)

The other example in the debug log "pirates of the caribian" had simular problems. Like i mentioned it did return results when i removed the nfo file. So the movie naming was correct or else it shouldn't find it.
I'll do another test with a smaller library and post the log.

EDIT:
Can't seem to reproduce the error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not added to library0