Xbmc will not start up on ipad
your database is corrupted ... go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ and somewhere there it has to be a "Video54.db" or something like that (sorry not able to give exact path currently ...) - delete that file and try it again ...

Code:
ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:your database is corrupted ... go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ and somewhere there it has to be a "Video54.db" or something like that (sorry not able to give exact path currently ...) - delete that file and try it again ...

Code:
ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos54.db
Thank you both for your efforts but I am sad to say the problem persists.Although I deleted two MyVideos??.db files ( I think ?? was 34 and 53 not MyVideos54.db) I still get the same error about the database (SQL the database disk image is malformed) .http://pastebin.com/CSADerKz

Any further help would be immensely appreciated.Smile
then try

Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Did that through putty still same error message.Sad
Uninstall and reinstall through Cydia still same error message.Sad
aaaahhhmmmm ... as you already destroyed your db - things can't get much worse for you. So i would suggest updating to a nightly build ... see the wiki for atv 2nd gen for howto do it...
I did update with the latest nightly still same error:mad:
With the same final error about a malformed database....http://pastebin.com/mvSeyTfm
On top of everything there is no video database file any more present int the appropriate directory.
there must be still an old database because it states

Code:
06:59:38 T:99618816 *NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 14 to 15

are you sure you where in the right directorys do a

Code:
find /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ -name "*.db"

it should be a very old db with version 14 ... find it - remove it - and it will work!
ok all im back.
ive not had time to sort this over the last week but ive gone to download this putty.exe and im not sure which i need. there seems to be lots of things on this page :
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtat...nload.html
im running vista and rellly am struggling with this.
does anyone have a direct download for this putty program?
cheers
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/late.../putty.exe
Cheers memphiz i will do it when i get in from work tonight.
So after i have downloaded it could you explain what i do in step by step points?
Many thanks
nope ... don't have windows ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc will not start up on ipad0