Addon Update Image
Hi, I'm trying to change the image that appears in the pop up telling you a new update is available. At the moment it looks like this...

Obviously I don't really want it to overlap as such and if possible would like to be able to add a diffuse to round the edges. I can't seem to find where that image is controlled.

Thanks
that's the icon for the add-on... skin wise it's DialogKaiToast.xml
spiff Wrote:that's the icon for the add-on... skin wise it's DialogKaiToast.xml

Thanks, but I can't find it in dialogkaitoast.xml. At the moment I'm working from Aeon Nox, but even looking at the foundation skin all I can see are the controls for things like the volume/busy/exclamation icons, etc. nothing that (seemingly) changes the add-on icon.
not how it works, we toss a kai dialog with the icon set from the code. the xml is there, look harder.
Look for <control type="image" id="400"> and add the diffuse to that image. Even though there's a texture defined that gets overridden when an icon is available.
Ah, thanks hitcher!

(potentially supid question...) Is there a way to force this notification to show, perhaps increase the rate XBMC looks for updates? It's hard to tell if I've got it looking the way I want it if it only pops up very occasionally!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Skinning_XBM...l_Commands

Notification command is what You're looking for
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Ah, yes, but the trouble with that is the notification it brings up has the exclamation mark icon. Since I only need to check how it looks when it shows an addon update notification I was wondering if there was a way to force that one specifically?!

Thanks for the reply though!
I don't know if I'm correct but since the texture gets overwritten somehow if there's an addon notification it's not possible to add a diffuse image to that. I think I tried it a while ago but it had no effect.
An overlay texture then?
you can set image too http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions see Notification description and params
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Diffuse image works, at least with notification command.

Btw. anyone noticed that the windowclose animation isn't working for kaitoast in the lastest nightly builds?
`Black Wrote:I don't know if I'm correct but since the texture gets overwritten somehow if there's an addon notification it's not possible to add a diffuse image to that. I think I tried it a while ago but it had no effect.

The diffuse image has worked fine.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Update Image0