addon limitations?
Is it possible to be able to show watched status in addons? eg in Icefilms where you would be able to see what you have already watched. Is the a limitation of xbmc not allowing data through to the addon or can this be built into the addon? I there some sort of local cache needed for these addons so the information is stored?

Also of metadata for movie info, the refresh button is disable within movie info in icefilms and other addons. Is this because the directories aren't specified as movies, therefore it doesn't know what to scrape?

Should these be added as a feature request, or is it addon coding that is needed?
I guess you need a local cache for this, since streams are not in the normal xbmc library, so there is no status.
addons are separate to xbmc, it may be that xbmc doenst support it or addon doesnt support it, tbh I would ask in IRC freenode #xbmc-linux and find out.

or ask the addon developer.
From within any addon, you will get the "Add to Favourites" Which will add any folder within that addon to your main Favourites. I find this a very useful function, and it what make Favourites usable to me.

But "Mark as Watched" and "Set Content" are not available within the addon. Being able to Set Content within an addon, would mean that you can check up movie info on the fly, but you wouldn't want all this added to your library.

Does a video need to be added to you library, for it to keep your watched status?
actually, there's no reason, *IN PRINCIPLE*, that we can't do this.

problem is
1) addons in 98% of cases returns volatile urls for the actual playback - these are useless for this usage.
2) addons in a large percentage of cases reuses urls to item (of the type 'item 5 in the list'). this makes these urls extremely unusable as well.

thus we have absolutely nothing trustworthy to store the info based on - so we don't. i'm sure it might work for icefilms (the urls i'm on about in 2) might be static there) - but in general they are not...
For metadata, I won't want all these added to my library. This would lead to a load of crap added to the library, and like you said these links come and go. They will probably be gone by the time you want them. I only want to have the choice to be able to retrieve the movie info, without adding it to the library. Is this possible? Is it a big job to get it working in the addons?

For watched status, are you saying that this is only possible from items in the library? I would find watched status very handy, as there is no way to find out episode info, plus I don't allways remember which episode I watched last. It a bit of a pain in icefilms especially if you don't have a premium megaupload account to find the last episode.

Should I add this as a feature request?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addon limitations?0