• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
I'm fairly new to xbmc. I'm running it on a atv2. I've been able to successfully get Hulu and Free cable working, but i'm having trouble with Amazon.

Every time i launch the video add-on for Amazon i get the following error message "script failed! Plugin.video.amazon"

i've already loaded the rtmpdump/librtmp 2.4 to get Hulu working. Do i need to re-load this file somewhere else or is this a different problem?

I appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks,
are you a prime member?
BlueCop Wrote:are you a prime member?

Sorry, yes i am. I've entered my email and password in the system>add-ons>enabled add-ons>video add-ons>amazon>configure menu.

Is that the correct place?
thats correct. you could also use the context menu on the plugin.

if you have verified everything looks correct then post a pastebin link to a log of the failure.
Sorry for noob question....but what is and how do i get a pastebin link to the log of the failure?
jason_m Wrote:It looks like this should be updated in the repository now. My understanding of the issue is that the libssl on ubuntu 11.04+ is not compatible with xbmc dharma's bundled python. Therefore, ssl support is not detected during build configuration, and the python ssl module is not built. To get around this, xbmc was rebuilt, passing a flag that allows it to use an external python (the standard python2.7 included with ubuntu 11.4+). I won't be home for another two days to try it out, but hopefully that solves the ssl/https issue.

I have tested this out and it seems to be working. However, I am encountering another problem. I have similar errors about an invalid handle in my log for both the amazon and hulu plugins:

Code:
ERROR: SetProperty called with an invalid handle.
ERROR:  AddItem - called with an invalid handle.

and

Code:
ERROR: Previous line repeats 7 times.
ERROR:  EndOfDirectory - called with an invalid handle.

This seems like it might be related to post 57:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=881...stcount=57

Is this what is causing my error? Do I need to just have a patch applied when xbmc is built? For what it is worth, I don't have this problem with the xbmc from the team-xbox repository for ubuntu 10.10.
After applying the patch I mentioned above, everything works as expected. Many thanks to BlueCop for the plugins and the community for all the information.
Acosta2269 Wrote:Sorry for noob question....but what is and how do i get a pastebin link to the log of the failure?

Take a look here for where your log file resides:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File

You can copy/paste the contents of your log to:
http://pastebin.com/

After pressing the Submit button, you'll be taken to a url for your document that you can share in the forums.
Thank you BlueCop and Jason. I'm not sure how or why, but the plugin is working now.

I followed the instructions from the wiki to get to the xbmc.log folder. Then i figured i would try the Amazon plugin again on the atv2 to get a current log before i posted it...and it now works! I'm able to stream movies.

I havent changed any settings or done anything except open the xbmc.log folder. Any ideas what happened and why it now works?

Thank you again for your help.
I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I aplogize for the double post.

http://pastebin.com/GZ7N3s2N

I can browse the sections but when I try to play something, I get an error. I have a prime account. I've looked through the entire thread and tried lots of things (including updating the .dll file) but nothing seems to get it working.

Can't wait to get this working! Thanks for your help!
I don't have the amazon membership anymore but I have my brother asking if this is still working. He is interested in getting the service and having me add it to his atv2. Just wondering if anyone could verify the function for me?

Thanks
I'm a complete newcomer to xbmc. I have a 2010 mac mini which I use as an audio and video server. My kids rely quite heavily upon Front Row. Recently I got the Amazon prime subscription, which has many free TV videos my kids like, but they (and my wife) found the web browser interface too clunky. I was almost ready to buy a Roku (with an ATV2 and mac mini, I need another box like a hole in the head), but this Amazon plug-in saved the day. I found I needed the most recent nightly build to get it to work. (I've tested it on 10.6.8 and 10.7.2, for what it is worth). I also found a plug-in that allows my kids to launch XBMC from Front Row, so watching the Amazon videos is now completely seamless.

So, thanks very much for making this available. The corresponding plug-in for Plex (which I also tried earlier today, and found intensely annoying) seems to have been abandoned, so I am pretty sure this is the only game in town. Please keep up the good work. You made my kids really happy.

One small issue is that the (python?) script fails to re-initialize if you try to go from one video to the next, necessitating quitting and restarting XBMC. Is there a simple fix?
Just wanted to say great plugin!! Thank you for all your work. I got it fully working on Ubuntu 11.04 with the pre-Eden PVR build!! Thanks!
Amazing plug-in, works like a charm!
Thanks in advance for reading:

ATV2 newb here. 12/10/11 build.

Getting a script failed error, I believe the the appropriate log info is below. Thanks for any help!

16:01:25 T:94949376 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
16:01:25 T:94949376 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
16:01:25 T:94949376 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named mechanize
16:01:25 T:94949376 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/common.py", line 6, in <module>
import mechanize
ImportError: No module named mechanize
16:01:25 T:94949376 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14