Req [Idea] Extended playlists with timecode to play only part of movie
I've got an idea for a new feature. Lets say I have a movie in AVI format (AVI file1), together with some other AVI's containing the special features/extras from the DVD, including some deleted scenes (AVI file 2).
Would it not be nice to have the ability to write some kind of playlist (as textfile), which contains the exact timecodes of AVI file1 and 2, in order to integrate the deleted scenes into the original AVI without reencoding a new avi file?
It could also be useful for TV-Shows where you want to skip the intro music of every episode. Instead of always skipping the intros of every single of the 100 episodes, someone could write such an extended playlist file for each episode, cutting out the intro. and later of course sharing the playlist files with the community.
For example I imagine a playlist file format like the following:

example playlist file to skip the intro of an episode
Code:
videofilename    start    end
/path/to/episode.avi    0:00:00    0:05:25        # part of episode before into
# /path/to/episode.avi    0:05:25    0:06:01        # intro (commented out to skip)
/path/to/episode.avi    0:06:01    0:59:07        # part of episode after into

example playlist file for merging the deleted scenes of a movie into the main movie
Code:
videofilename    start    end
/path/to/movie.avi    0:00:00    0:45:25        # part of movie before deleted scene
/path/to/movie_deleted_scene.avi    0:00:00    0:09:21        # takes the deleted scene (whole duration) from another file
/path/to/movie.avi    0:45:25    1:59:06        # part of movie after the deleted scene

What would be even nicer, if you could name those "playlists" the same like the movie file, so XBMC would load the "playlist" automatically (like it loads subtitles automatically). Of course the term "playlist" then would no longer fit.

Does such a feature maybe already exist? Would someone know how to accomplish that? How would you name such a feature?
+1 for this. I'd like to see this implemented as well, potentially for supercuts (best action movie clips, etc.).

It may be easier to add this functionality to smart playlists using new attributes to denote start and end scene.

<rule field="path" operator="startswith" scenebegin="0:12:34.5" sceneend="0:23:45.6">smb://192.168...</rule>
Peter Souza IV
Media Center Master (MCM)
Usenet & torrent downloading, artwork management, theatrical trailers, subtitles, organization and metadata for movies & television, and more...
See EDL (wiki) (once the wiki is back up)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Idea] Extended playlists with timecode to play only part of movie0