Subtitles in MKV file, can't turn off
Hi Guys. I noticed that it had subtitles in WMC. I deleted the subtitle file and then no more subtitles when watching in WMC. However when I imported it into xmbc, I noticed that the subtitles are back and I can't figure how to turn it off. Any ideas as to what the problem could be or how to fix it?
Matroska (.mkv) files support embedded subtitles. Press 't' to turn the subtitle off.
Thanks! idk why, but I just figured that there would be something in the menu. I never thought to look for a keyboard shortcut.
If you move the mouse or press M this will bring up the on screen display (OSD) and this has a button for configuring the subtitles.

JR
(2011-08-22, 10:23)jhsrennie Wrote: If you move the mouse or press M this will bring up the on screen display (OSD) and this has a button for configuring the subtitles.

JR

For some reason i cant highlight this option on the OSD. I'm using final official Eden and all files are MKV's Huh

Edit: Sorted - for some reason jsut happening on MQ3, can disable on Nox
Hi

I have some MKVs with embedded subtitles in them, pressing t on the keyboard does work and disable the subtitles. However how do I do this using the MCE remote control ? or the menus in XBMC UI ?

Thanks
^^ Configure one of the mce remote button to send the key 't' using mceremotemapper.exe. Restart the system for the change to effect.
(2013-01-08, 17:09)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Configure one of the mce remote button to send the key 't' using mceremotemapper.exe. Restart the system for the change to effect.

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry I should have said I am running Ubuntu not Windows. Am assuming mceremotemapper.exe is for windows only?

Looks like I'm in the wrong forum.

Create a custom keyboard.xml file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ folder with the following contents. If you already have a custom keyboard.xml in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ then just add the key mappings to your existing file.
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <some-button>ShowSubtitles</some-button>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <keyboard>
      <some-button>ShowSubtitles</some-button>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoMenu>
</keymap>

Assuming your MCE remote sends keypresses, this should be OS-agnostic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles in MKV file, can't turn off0