Internet on Live CD, but not after install
I'm new to XBMC and have just built my first box for it.
The board was taken from and old Acer Aspire One, not sure of the model unfortunately.
The problem I'm having is that when I try to install from the Live CD onto my hard drive (to run XBMC native) it says it cannot detect my NIC, or wireless NIC for that matter.
The wireless (I think it's an Atheros, the label on the half mini PCIe card is torn) isn't a big deal, as I will be running wired anyways.
I do know that my NIC is working as I get connection when running the disc in Live mode, and I also tested with Live Ubuntu 11.
I'm not sure of the make of this NIC, as I don't know the Aspire Model, but most seem to use a Realtek 10/100 based NIC.
Under Ubuntu it says the driver I'm using is atlc1 I believe.
Can anyone help me with getting XBMC to detect my NIC when installing? Or give me the commands/drive to install afterwords?
I've been searching the internet for 3 days with no luck yet.
Any advice would help, thanks.
I know this is a boiler plate reply, but just to eliminate good old Murphy: did you verify the MD5 or SHA hash of your ISO image and verify your burned CD? This error is so esoteric that it makes sense to look for esoteric causes. Rolleyes
I didn't think the check them even. I just figured it was a Linux driver issue.
I'll verify the MD5 and SHA Hash when I get home in about 40 minutes from now, I'm currently at work.
Doesn't hurt to check, eh? Laugh
I can't find the MD5, SHA-1, or CRC32 values on the XBMC site, I must be over looking them, but I downloaded from the main site.
I also downloaded again as a comparison and they match up, however that doesn't say much if it's poisoned.

CRC32: 5AC73DF7
MD5: A84AEE6FC12AF81E0E99F667E87ED9DC
SHA-1: EB150AE379245246F40E8CB047857CC96E4E1E43
Does anyone have any possible fixes or info?
This may help.
Here is a picture I took of the exact error I'm getting.
I cannot check my logs, it says permission denied.
Does anyone know how to remedy this? Where I can get more NIC modules perhaps?
I can confirm now that I'm looking for an Atheros NIC driver.
I found the chip on the mainboard. I can barely make out a few of the numbers, but it appears to be 9132L or B132L, and thats all I can see.
Since XBMC live is built off Ubuntu, does anyone know if there is something similar to Madwifi that has LAN drivers and can be installed on XBMC?
AGENTxPLATYPUS Wrote:This may help.
Here is a picture I took of the exact error I'm getting.
I cannot check my logs, it says permission denied.
Does anyone know how to remedy this? Where I can get more NIC modules perhaps?

There is no picture...

If you get "permission denied", in 99.9% of all situations it means that you need root privileges. So if, for example "less error.log" does not work, use "sudo less error.log".
Click the red X, it should give you a picture.
If not, I'll have to reupload it somewhere else.

I've tried sudo in the ash terminal during installation and it says it's not a recognized command.
here is the picture download link:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=45601D68C...sc=photos#

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet on Live CD, but not after install0