• 7(current)
My HTPC-build
When I get my kids in bed Il post photos and take a deeper look at everything.
Heres some pictures of the build, take a closer look at the space between the gpu and the casing.

Looking good Smile

This is the sort of build a Modular PSU is so good for its a shame they are still so expensive Eek
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Gikk akkurat inn det skjermkortet Jøran Smile
>>X<<' Wrote:Looking good Smile

This is the sort of build a Modular PSU is so good for its a shame they are still so expensive Eek

ThanksSmile Hard to get it clean and tidy look. Il try to do it a little better, but now I prior to get xbmc up and running
proson Wrote:Gikk akkurat inn det skjermkortet Jøran Smile

Ja, det var snakk om max en millimeter eller toSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:but now I prior to get xbmc up and running

See my post on bottom of page 9 about installing XBMC.
Balinus Wrote:Did you specify root filesystem ("/") where to install XBMC-live on? You'll also need a swap partition the size of your installed RAM. You need to do that before "finish partitioning and install...."

Sorry, I didnt see your post. I did set SATA TYPE to AHCI in bios, and after that I was able to install xbmc live. I didnt create a swap partition, I just used the entire disc. Should I reinstall xbmc and create a swap partition?
joeranjensen Wrote:Sorry, I didnt see your post. I did set SATA TYPE to AHCI in bios, and after that I was able to install xbmc live. I didnt create a swap partition, I just used the entire disc. Should I reinstall xbmc and create a swap partition?

Yeah, we wrote our post at the same time and I suspected you hadn'T see it. Smile

Not, you'll be fine without one. The swap partition is used to hibernate the partition and since XBMClive is fast for loading, I'm sure you will use sleep mode rather than hibernating (suspending to disk).
Balinus Wrote:Yeah, we wrote our post at the same time and I suspected you hadn'T see it. Smile

Not, you'll be fine without one. The swap partition is used to hibernate the partition and since XBMClive is fast for loading, I'm sure you will use sleep mode rather than hibernating (suspending to disk).

Ok, but now I have a new problem. Xbmc boots directly into command line, not into xbmc. Do you have any thoughts about that? See my other thread here
if you have the timeSmile
Maybe your nvidia driver has not been configured correctly. Try at the cmd line : nvidia-xconfig

?
Balinus Wrote:Maybe your nvidia driver has not been configured correctly. Try at the cmd line : nvidia-xconfig

?

I got this error:

Code:
Using X configuration file: "/etc/x11/xorg.conf".
ERROR: Unable to write to directory "/etc/x11"
wow man, that FanLEss GT430 fits nicely in there!! nice job!!

is it bending a little tho?
eskro Wrote:wow man, that FanLEss GT430 fits nicely in there!! nice job!!

is it bending a little tho?

I dont think its bending, I pushed it all the way down. Yes, its a nice job... By youSmile Your the one who helped me picking partsSmileSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:I got this error:

Code:
Using X configuration file: "/etc/x11/xorg.conf".
ERROR: Unable to write to directory "/etc/x11"

try "sudo nvidia-xconfig"
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My HTPC-build0