Apologies in advance for Basic Advice Needed
I am on an iMac running Lion and need XBMC 10.1 to stream files to my TV via a Popbox Media Player.

The popbox sees XBMC/iMac through UPnP and shows 2 folders, Movies and Music but there is no content.

In XBMC network settings I have checked the boxes for share video and music with UPnP as well as Allow control.

I have also checked both boxes allowing programs to control XBMC.

I have added folders to share but none of those are showing up on the popbox.

In System Preferences I have Folder sharing turned on but not thru SMB and there are no firewalls.

If there is anything glaringly obvious that I still need to do, advice gratefully received. Thanks.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107610
Thanks Ned,

I saw that thread and tried Playback with no success. It looks like XBMC is not what I need.

Thanks again
Wow, 29 minutes on the issue and gone Smile
acricketer Wrote:Thanks Ned,

I saw that thread and tried Playback with no success. It looks like XBMC is not what I need.

Thanks again

you could try the ones that get SMB1/Samba working again.
davilla Wrote:Wow, 29 minutes on the issue and gone Smile

I've been searching for a way to play media files from my mac on my tv thru pop box for a couple of weeks now. I saw Ned's thread on options before I tried XBMC.

I decided that UPnP was the option to try and can't get it work on popbox using Playback; Medialink, Majestic; PS Media Server or Serviio It works using EyeConnect but it does not manage subtitles. I thought XBMC might also be a solution but have had no luck with it as above.
SMB seems to be the issue in Lion. UPnP is also proving to be a sticking point for me.

I have spent at least 45 minutes on this!Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apologies in advance for Basic Advice Needed0