Confirm purchase specs for HTPC
well at least u dont have to pay to ship it back :/
Thumbs Up 
Some bad photos attached. Video card missing, but the PC is now build with the onboard video. The only difference in the photos attached now is the CPU power cable seen OVER the support bar, is under it, and the cables are tidied up a bit more.

Very quiet so far, without the graphics card.
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Big Grin 
HTPC complete! Crappy iphone photos attached.

Using a Snapstream Firefly remote, USB-UIRT and Eventghost to control XBMC, TV and AMP.

Using Transparency cause it's sexy. Haven't finished tweaking backgrounds and menus etc... Still have to add music. And still tweaking my logic with the remote, but it's 100% usable for watching vids.

Next venture will be setting up iRule to control everything from the iphone and ipad.
...DJVege...
DJVege Wrote:HTPC complete! Crappy iphone photos attached.

Using a Snapstream Firefly remote, USB-UIRT and Eventghost to control XBMC, TV and AMP.

Using Transparency cause it's sexy. Haven't finished tweaking backgrounds and menus etc... Still have to add music. And still tweaking my logic with the remote, but it's 100% usable for watching vids.

Next venture will be setting up iRule to control everything from the iphone and ipad.
now that it is built, it should be ready for movie in full 1080p with dts-hd/truehd!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ah yes. Thanks for reminding me, bluray.

I forgot to mention:

* Running audio and video through the hdmi port on the GT430
* Bit streams all audio, including HD
* Streams 1080p, H264, 15GB movies over wireless-N with no buffering (perfectly. There are only little pauses if/when you skip forward 10 minutes)
* Without DXVA2 enabled, CPU at 28-30% (though no issues playing back 1080p).
* With DXVA2 enabled, CPU around 8-10%

So, very happy that the movies stream over wireless-N. Only 2 walls and a tv cabinet in between the HTPC and the router. They are about 10 metres apart in a straight line.
...DJVege...
DJVege Wrote:Ah yes. Thanks for reminding me, bluray.

I forgot to mention:

* Running audio and video through the hdmi port on the GT430
* Bit streams all audio, including HD
* Streams 1080p, H264, 15GB movies over wireless-N with no buffering (perfectly. There are only little pauses if/when you skip forward 10 minutes)
* Without DXVA2 enabled, CPU at 28-30% (though no issues playing back 1080p).
* With DXVA2 enabled, CPU around 8-10%

So, very happy that the movies stream over wireless-N. Only 2 walls and a tv cabinet in between the HTPC and the router. They are about 10 metres apart in a straight line.
enjoy it....i'm watching thor in full 1080p with 7.1 dts-hd now. xbmc pre-eden is passingthrough to my network avr very well and the 7.1 is rocking!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confirm purchase specs for HTPC0