Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb
Jezz_X Wrote:Loading of thumbnails is much faster on my iPad too though I think the scrolling is a little more jerky but that could just be my imagination.
As for fan art no idea my skin doesn't use them for speed purpose

i think this all is a tradeoff between smooth gui/gesture scrolling and so on ... and fast io (loading fanart,thumbnails,music) ... and for my feeling we are near the limits what this plattform can handle ... at least with XBMC's codebase.

And canadave ... room for improvement? Isn't there allways room for improvement?

And for me with ethernet ... fanart and background loading has a huge speedup too ... so strange as allways ... same hardware seems to behave a bit different everywhere Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HUGE improvment that's for sure on ATV2. Love it, will test it more this afternoon.
+1 Nice work. Thank you.
You need any logs before i upgrade? I think i am on a nightly build from 22th of august or so.

Thank you all for your amazing work! XBMC is a really great experience on ATV2!

greetz

regnets
Memphiz Wrote:i think this all is a tradeoff between smooth gui/gesture scrolling and so on ... and fast io (loading fanart,thumbnails,music) ... and for my feeling we are near the limits what this plattform can handle ... at least with XBMC's codebase.

And canadave ... room for improvement? Isn't there allways room for improvement?
Absolutely Smile I was speaking more specifically in this case about the loading speed. And while, as you say, "there is always room for improvement," I feel that, like you also said, "we may be near the limits of what this platform can handle." So I guess what I'm saying is, there's always room for improvement but I don't think we will be able to improve much more in this case Smile

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Prove me wrong, devs!! Smile I will thank you for it!
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Just in case it helps anyone, I updated to nightly 02/09/11 and had massive problems with buffering. I've now downgraded to 30/08 and everything seems good. This is on an ATV2, NFS/Linux over WiFi.
Definitely much snappier and, for me, YouTube 4OD content now plays from the YouTube addon.
video buffering should have been gone now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi

Can someone please confirm for me

1) Are these issues resolved in the specific build on 31/08 or
2) All builds since 31/08 ?

Your help is much appreciated

Cheers
X
all builds since something in sep ... just take the latest ...
Happy Happy Happy, thanks dev. Now a build with the scraper fixed and snappy thumbnails. The thumbnails are faster than the official, there is actually no loading of them. Impressive
Just updates and I agree. Much faster thank you guys
Just updated to this build as well and WOW on the thumbnail loading, incredibly fast! Streaming content seems to be fine, starting it from NAS seems to be faster and it even fixed the date and time issue I was having with ReFocus. Highly recommended build for ATV2.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
The originally mentioned build actually made things worse on my ATV2, but the September 5 nightly fixed every single problem. Smooth playback from everything I throw at it. Thanks, devs!
Hi guys, I would like to install this nightly build. I am currently running xbmc pre 11. Could someone please show me the ropes on how to install a nightly build properly? Do I need to delete my current XBMC before installing a new build or can I simply install over it?

Also I don't want to lose all my settings, so the only folder I need to backup is the 'user data'?

Please advise.

Thanks everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great nighly build xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb0