[LIVE] Fails to boot
Ok, just installed XBMC 10.1 Live on my new rig. Won't boot into any GUI. Goes to the 10.04 login prompt, gives me about 45 seconds and locks up. Tried reinstalling, twice. No dice. I'm assuming that the rig is 100% as Ubuntu 10.04 boots fine from the CD.

Upon retrying while typing this, i was able to snap a picture of a quick error screen it gave me:

Hope this helps, just really need to get this done.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
Proc: AMD Phenom 9600
Mem: 4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
Video: Asus GT430 1GB DDR3 PCI-E
configure the nvidia driver.
ok i've tried running nvidia-settings from the terminal, but no matter what i'm doing, within a 30-45 seconds i get locked out of the terminal and can't do anything. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't even register.
ok i installed the x-swat drivers, now getting this error:

and if it helps, i'm not connected over HDMI, using a standard vga port with my monitor.
Hi SlimXero - did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem with a 430.

Sad
X still says that it can't find the nvidia driver. Are you sure, it installed correctly?

I remeber reading something about the newest nvidia driver not working with the 430 though. Maybe try an older one.
SlimXero Wrote:ok i've tried running nvidia-settings from the terminal, but no matter what i'm doing, within a 30-45 seconds i get locked out of the terminal and can't do anything. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't even register.

Can you try to boot using a different live USB. Once it boots you can run:

Code:
mount /dev/sda1 (or whatever the partition is) /media/harddrive

cd /media/harddrive
chroot /media/harddive

then run apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

then run nvidia-settings

This should hopefully get you through the locking-up of the device long enough to try configuring it.

Also, you might want to retry downloading the USB image. It's happened to me before where the file was corrupted during the download. It can happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Fails to boot0