Logitech Harmony One setup?
Question 
Can someone give me a link for the steps to set up my Logitech Harmony One to work with XBMC?

I'm usually good with my google-fu, but I need basic steps to get this to work, from beginning to end (How do I configure lirc, etc.).

I do have a Mac that I can use to setup the remote control itself, but am at a loss on how to set it up. Should I set up the Harmony one to use an xbox? :confused2:
Hi

You'll find dozens of threads on setting up Harmony remotes, but beware - some of them are very complex and probably a lot harder than you need.

I think most people have taken the route of setting up the remote as a Windows Media Center remote - it certainly worked for me. Really, it doesn't matter as long as the remote and lirc both have the same idea of what command set you are using!

Simplified setup;
(1) plugin your IR receiver and make sure it is recognised as a USB device
(2) install the lirc package, telling it that you have a Windows MCE remote [NB - if you have already installed it and didn't take that step, one way to get back to the start is to uninstall - remove completely - and start again]
(3) configure the Harmony remote as a Windows MCE remote
(4) at this point you should be able to run "irw" and see meaningful keypresses like "Play" or "Stop"
(5) in XBMC-land, tweak Lircmap.xml and remote.xml to taste. You are using an "mceusb" remote.
(6) Done

There is plenty of scope for things to not-quite-work, but these are the basics and should get you going.

HTH
Ceejay
Just FYI, the Lircmap.xml is in the xbmc/system folder, while the rest of the remote button configs are in the xbmc/system/keymap folder. I wasted a lot of time since I didn't know that I needed to edit the Lircmap file.

If you have problems let me know, since I spent a good amount of time learning the ins and outs of lirc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony One setup?0