My Sql Music Database Is Changing Song Id's
To cut a long story short, some time ago I modded the recently added script to include recently added music singles (yes i know its built in now,but not for music singles) & had some funky results which at thime I thought was down to my sql statements, found out it's down to xbmc's music DB.

Ok here's the problem.

My music singles are all tagged correctly & sit in folders A - Z then Sub folders for the artists. So from an empty DB the scan behaves like you would expect. eg. A-Ha would have IdSong, IdAlbum & IdArtist as 1 & lets say Zig & Zag being the last has IdSong, IdAlbum & IdArtist as 1000.

If i add a new artist & scan, everything is still ok eg. Dj Fresh will have IdSong, IdAlbum & IdArtist as 1001.

But if I add a new song by an artist thats already in the music DB it will add the new song ok, but change the song id's for the songs from that artist that are already in the DB! eg. if i added a new rihanna song, That shows up at the end say with IdSong 1002, but the other rihanna songs that were scanned in before which maybe had IdSong of 317 & 318 now have IdSong of 1003 & 1004. So its impossible to workout was was last added cos the song id's change.

Is this by design?

Sorry if its abit long winded!!

Thanks
Sorry to bump this,but would really like an answer on how to sort it
I don't work on the database side of things, but in general the idXXX columns in databases are for internal use only, e.g. for linking tables, and are not intended for use by clients. You should not rely on them being in any particular order, or in fact meaning anything at all.

From a quick look at the database I can't see any field in the music info that you could use to find recently added songs.

JR
Thanks for the reply, I'll put a feature request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Sql Music Database Is Changing Song Id's0