[ATV2] Remote control without internet connection?
I'm using the atv2 as a headless carputer and need to be able to remote control it.

I'm using either an iphone or android device, but cannot get the remote control features of XBMC to work without a connection to the internet.

It appears that something is preventing the remote control services to launch correctly unless the ATV2 is able to connect to the internet during boot. Using LAN only does not allow me to connect to the XBMC using a remote control app. If I first boot the ATV2 with a connection I am able to then remote control XBMC.

I'm using iOS 4.3 with the nightly build from 8-31. I have a Netgear 3500L running dd-wrt with an attached USB Ext HD for storage utilzing SMB Shares for serving up MP3s.

Please help, my project is dead unless I can remote control this box as I have no screen connected to it.

Thank you!
assign a static ip to the atv2. no dhcp server, no networking...
Hi Davilla,

Thanks for responding.

I am indeed using a static IP.

I have two routers setup, one with an internet connection and one which is acting as an access point. Boot the ATV2 with the inet enabled one and I can remote from either my iphone or android device. If i boot it on the non-inet access point I cannot remote control it unless I first boot it on the Inet enable device and then switch it over after successful boot.

XBMC also reports the date as 1969 if the ATV2 is booted without inet access.

Thank you.
badabam Wrote:I'm using the atv2 as a headless carputer and need to be able to remote control it.

I'm using either an iphone or android device, but cannot get the remote control features of XBMC to work without a connection to the internet.

It appears that something is preventing the remote control services to launch correctly unless the ATV2 is able to connect to the internet during boot. Using LAN only does not allow me to connect to the XBMC using a remote control app. If I first boot the ATV2 with a connection I am able to then remote control XBMC.

I'm using iOS 4.3 with the nightly build from 8-31. I have a Netgear 3500L running dd-wrt with an attached USB Ext HD for storage utilzing SMB Shares for serving up MP3s.

Please help, my project is dead unless I can remote control this box as I have no screen connected to it.

Thank you!

It is simple as this, at the beginning ATV tries to update the network time. Without network, no ntp servers can be reached.. You just have to wait for the timeout... Normally it can be skipped with menu button, but doesn't work in your case...
What kind of software do you load on it? Out of curiosity
Nikiiv,

I wish it were this simple, the NTP never times out. I can skip it by using the menu button, but the end result when I get into XBMC is that I cannot access using any remote apps.

XBMC works fine, simple reports the date incorrectly and remote functions do not work.

The only software I load is XBMC and Nito.

Thank you
The strange thing about this issue is it seems to affect JSON controllers like spooky xbmc as well!

Anyone have any clues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Remote control without internet connection?0