Is there an "unwatched" filter available?
Hello,

I have my first htpc in the mail, should arrive later this week and I'm anxious to get xbmc on it to make my media life simple.

I watch a ton of TV shows so what I'm wondering if xbmc can do this via a script (or maybe it's built in I don't know):

1. Watch a folder and when something new enters in it mark it as unwatched
2. Once it's been watched remove it from the queue

The same would go for movies etc. Since my system is all automated if I don't have some sort of queue for me to see what was recently added and hasn't been watched yet I'd have no idea what's new or not.

Can someone let me know if this is possible?
When new content is added to the library (through the manual library update) it is automatically flagged in the system as "unwatched". You can filter all your content after "watched/unwatched", and just have the things that are "unwatched" available.

Now, as for a queue, I don't know, unfortunately.
Ok great, a filter is good enough for me!
Yes you can set XBMC to hide watched items once they have been watched its not necessary though as items will be marked watched anyway

You will have a separate list of recently added items for each category Movies, TV, Music I think the default for each list is 25 items but this can be extended plus most skins will also give you a short list of recently added on the home screen

In any case XBMC has smart playlists which allow you to create any lists you want using rules defined by you which can cover just about anything you can think of
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Awesome, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an "unwatched" filter available?0