Videos not full screen?
Rainbow 
I am new to XBMC and loving it so far. I am running 1920x1080 resolution to a 42" tv. I have a collection of 1080 and 720 movies in MKV. The problem is when I play these movies, I am getting 3/4" inch gap all the way around the movie. Even if I use the zoom feature, it will zoom but still leave the gap on the sides. If I play the MKV with VLC media player, there is no gap. How can I change this? Thanks
Are you using an ATI video card, and do you have XBMC set to adjust the refresh rate to match the video? If so you need to adjust the display size in the ATI Catalyst Control Center with the refresh rate set to the video refresh rate. The CCC helpfully remembers screen size separately for different refresh rates, so it may change when the refresh rate changes.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Are you using an ATI video card, and do you have XBMC set to adjust the refresh rate to match the video? If so you need to adjust the display size in the ATI Catalyst Control Center with the refresh rate set to the video refresh rate. The CCC helpfully remembers screen size separately for different refresh rates, so it may change when the refresh rate changes.

JR

I am using an ATI card and XBMC is set to adjust refresh rate to match the video. No I have not made any changes to the ATI settings.
uneedav8 Wrote:I am new to XBMC and loving it so far. I am running 1920x1080 resolution to a 42" tv. I have a collection of 1080 and 720 movies in MKV. The problem is when I play these movies, I am getting 3/4" inch gap all the way around the movie. Even if I use the zoom feature, it will zoom but still leave the gap on the sides. If I play the MKV with VLC media player, there is no gap. How can I change this? Thanks

Trying starting the movie and running video calibration from the menu. Choose a video that is full 16:9 (1.78:1).
if you haven't install the latest ati catalyst control panel center, you can download it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software and adjust the screen resolution in ati catalyst control panel to fit your hdtv screen.

do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display mode, select same resolution as adjusted in graphic card control center and enable "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen").

make sure that you properly calibrate your screen in xbmc settings>system>video output>calibration
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
uneedav8 Wrote:I am using an ATI card and XBMC is set to adjust refresh rate to match the video. No I have not made any changes to the ATI settings.

The Problem is that you haven't made any changes to the ATI settings. In these settings, the "amount of overscan" is stored separately for each resolution and refresh rate. You have to do the overscan correction once for each resolution / refresh rate combo.

It's like jhsrennie said.

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not full screen?0