getting my foot on ladder...which XBMC
Im a little confused..are there many flavours of XBMC?...my card is an ATI so i have to avoid linux, which is the live version correct ?...so the only other avenue is to install windows to the SSD and then install XBMC ?...i liked the idea of avoiding the windows part alltogether but i guess that no longer a possibility because of the stutter problem with ATI and linux setups ? i quite fancy just bein g able to press the button on the front of the box and XBMC starts...press it again and it shuts off...can i do this within a windows/XBMC enviroment...im just starting to read the dharma guide..is this a good starting point ?
I would give live a try if this is to purely be an XBMC machine. My laptop is ATI too and has no problems in linux, although it is Ubuntu 11.04 as i use it for gaming/work too.

For a really fast boot option maybe openelec there is not an ati specific version so i don't know about support there but hay either Live or Openelec take less than 10 minutes to install you could try them both in half the time it takes to setup windows
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

A lot of people say to avoid linux with ati cards due to frame stutter at 24p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
getting my foot on ladder...which XBMC0