Need a little help
I have got xbmc to pull movie info and fanart but there are a couple issues:

1._ A few movies I have similar titles with other movies ie: Fearless, there is a jet lee version, (I have) and a jeff bridges version ( I don't have) well..it pull the jeff bridges version, how can I manually fix this?

2.- I have folder.jpg poster art for all my movies, but the program is polling its own posters instead of mine. How can I get xbmc to use my own .jpg poster artwork?

One last question, is there a way when in the movie browser to disable the ability to change file views?..

Thanks
Star 
1) With the movie you want to change in focus hit the 'I' for information on your keyboard... hit the 'refresh button' re-scrape from the internet.. when a name pops up.... to confirm, hit the manual button. Pick the one your want.

2)With the movie you want to change in focus hit the 'I' for information on your keyboard... hit the 'get thumb' choose local thumb or browse. Same for fanart if you want to change that.

addendum question: this is skin dependant... in the skin Transparency! it would be under settings>skin settings>view options>disable the view.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...he_Library
awesome, thanks...
The movie info worked great, so did the art..However I think I was unclear on the art request..is there a way for the scrapper ( I believe that what its caller) to be told to only use the folder.jpg files in each movie folder instead of pulling it from the web, instead of going to each one and manually changing it?...

I am testing this media player before building a unit ti replace my boxee box..sorta fun Big Grin

Thanks
Star 
You can in advanced settings with a script, but before you go and bend the wheel... just take it for a spin. Some people feel more comfortable with 3rd party media managers like 'Ember' when they already have art work etc.

Folder.jpg is not what XBMC uses for covers... it's 'movie_name.tbn' which appears beside each movie when you export to separate files.
PatK Wrote:Folder.jpg is not what XBMC uses for covers... it's 'movie_name.tbn' which appears beside each movie when you export to separate files.

That's not correct XBMC can use a number of image types for thumb

folder.jpg
movie.tbn
file_name.tbn

Those are just a few there's really no need to use any name when each movie is in its own folder not for images, nfo's or trailers

@lamista

If you use folder.jpg or movie.tbn then you must select "use folder names for lookups" when you set content then XBMC will use your images
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
thanks, that solved the poster issue, little by little I am getting this. I just found another issue, I have 4 movies that are not showing in my movie list at all, when I see the scan being performed it looks as though the scrapper is polling them, but when I go to the "movie" section they are not their, funny thing though when I go to the "videos" list they are their..they are .mkv like the rest..same file folder format, in the same drive. In boxee they had an "un identified" folder that I could go to to manually add them, but I cant see it here....still playing with it.
Its not that funny videos just shows your files on the source if they have not been added to your library then the scraper hasn't found them

If your using TMDb scraper they might not be on there so try IMDb if they are on there then maybe its your naming convention in which case you can use movie info refresh in file mode then select manual and type the correct name
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
A good thing to make shure it scrapes the wright movie is to add the year into the file name. Indeed check the filename in comparison with the movie title on IMDB and TMDB.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks, have both scrappers...I think I will add the year, but I think there was something up with the the name (I don't think I misspelled "the hunt for red October", but who knows) I went to imdb right after I posted and copied the name name they had to my file, now it shows...guess it was just being picky.

hehe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a little help0