Switch from PCH C-200 to any HTPC, advice needed
it's me again Oo

So I'm in the final process of getting my new XBMC system, yeeeah Big Grin !!!
After seeing how much a nice self-built HTPC costs I decided to go with the Zotac ND22 though.
Several threads exist in this forum for the ND22 with only good reviews and info.

I'm gonna use XBMC for 1080p playback with DTS sound, some music playing and picture watching, nothing fancy there.

So there is one more question:

Which OS should I choose for the Zotac ND22?
Somebody on these forums told me I should just try out XBMC on my main computer and so I did Big Grin.
So now after setting everything up on my main computer running the windows version of XBMC, is there a possibility to export everything and import on the new machine even if I would run XBMC Live?
I've read something in the wiki that an export feature exists but is this feature any good or is it better to just set everything up from the start on the new computer?
I'm not quite sure how the XBMC Live and the Windows version differ? What differences should I expect if I choose the XBMC Live version? I mainly don't won't windows on the Zotac cause of the money for a new licence.

so now off to bed, thanks
hi there and happy new year to everyone!

I think I'm now one of those guys who did the mistake of buying a pre-built HTPC (The Zotac ND22) instead of making one of my own.

As seen in this thread by me
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post972311
I'm having problems with ALL high-res movies starting from 720p. All of these movies randomly stop and freeze.

Since in my other thread, no one is able to help me out on the software side, I thought to post here in my initial thread. Now all I need to know is: Is it possible that such problems are caused by the hardware? Should I send in my Zotac Box for guarantee?

I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm getting really pissed that the switch from Popcorn Hour to XBMC has been such a pain in the ... for me :mad:
What OS are you using?
gabbott Wrote:What OS are you using?

I'm running Win7 64bit, SP1

Hardware specs:
Zotac ND22
+ SSD Corsair Force Series 3 60GB, 2.5", SATA3MLC-Chips, 550MB/s
+ Patriot Memory SO-DDR3 1066MHz 4GB, 4GB Kit, PC8500, 204Pin, CL7(2x2GB)
did u enable DXVA2 in XBMC video settings?
eskro Wrote:did u enable DXVA2 in XBMC video settings?

yes, it's enabled. Here are some more of my Video output options:
- Display Mode: Full Screen #1
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen (I've tried both options, no difference)
- Vertical blank sync: Always enabled
have you set your internal graphix to 512MB shared memory in your ND22's BIOS?

if it's not a default option, I didn't.
Gonna check as soon as I'm home. Could that fix the problem?
definitely yes!
eskro, my Bios settings look a bit different than yours. See below:

1.) This is the picture taken how it was set all the time. Because of some reason, the frame buffer size is only set to 256mb.

2.) I've set it to 512mb now.

3.) Here are some other options I could change, don't know however if there is need to.

4.) Otherwise I've checked some other options in the Bios and disabled "Intel Speed Tech" since this sometimes also causes issues I've heard.

5.) eskro, I guess this 256 --> 512 change could already provide the solution since it almost looks like the option you referred to. I haven't found any other similar option in the other menus. What do you think?

6.) If this will solve my problem, please send me a PM with your address and I will send you some nice Swiss Chocolate Smile
Switch to 512 did the trick, can't describe how happy I am Laugh
ecopsorn Wrote:Switch to 512 did the trick, can't describe how happy I am Laugh

way to go ecopsorn!!
I'm also having the same issue and it's freaking annoying to say the least
However; i run a different setup than the ones mentioned above and still have the issue

my setup:
1. Synology Nas (mapped Drive)
2. HP PC 2.5gh core2 duo, connected to TV via HDMI cable (ATI Radeon HD3650)
3. XBMC Eden Beta 1
4. Windows 7

my Movies and tv shows stop at a completely random times, once they do i just need to run the video again and it continues from where it stopped. but when using pseudotv it's not easy to go back to the same file
the movies and tv shows are in various formates mostly .avi and it usually happens with TV shows more often than movies.
I did a long research but never found anything useful, but i will try the solution mentioned above as soon as i get home, switching to 512mb (not sure what's it set on now, probably Auto).

Update:
Unfortunately the 512 solution did not fix the issue for me. I'm using a desktop computer and i don't have the option to edit how much ram the GPU can use. but i did check my GPU memory and it was actually 512. so I'm assuming that the issue is caused by something else for me.
any suggestions are welcome
thanks
Star 
'eskro' Swiss Chocolates... you lucky dog.
Abulrock, even if your GPU has 512MB, it may not be a 1080P capable GPU to begin with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch from PCH C-200 to any HTPC, advice needed0