Turn on xbox via remote || prevent xbox from turni
hi there whenever i leave my xbox on for a while it will eventually turn off is there a way to prevent that and also if i have the dvd kit can i turn it on by remote? i have a harmony remote so i can send any command to it but is there a specific turn on command?

i'm using xbmc as the dashboard...
as far as the xbox turning itself off automatically... look in the system settings of xbmc... there is an idle power off option; disable it. (if it's already disabled let us know...)

as far as being able to turn on your xbox by remote; it's not possible without some hardware modification.

check out this site...
http://cheaplpc.com/xir/default.asp

if you're willing to open your xbox and add some fairly simple hardware then by all means go for it! i've actually been interested in this idea myself.

also... check out the tutorials section of xbox scene
http://xbox-scene.com

there they have the specs on building your own power on receiver for the xbox. however, i've looked in my local radio shacks and a few other stores but have not been able to find all the necessary parts. you'll prolly have to order some of the parts online. you're prolly better of just buying a pre-built xir kit.

up to you and good luck!
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
the setting is set a 0min, but when i leave it overnight it wil shut down anyway... any ideas?
i would highly recommend xir. i bought it and it works beautifully, i never have to get off my ass!
(raptor235 @ april 02 2005,17:26 Wrote:the setting is set a 0min, but when i leave it overnight it wil shut down anyway... any ideas?
microsoft's dash has an option for that. go disable it there too.
i'm using xbmc as the dash so no ms dash....
what dash you run is irrelevant.

msdash configures the kernel to shut down the box. (or else it wouldn't work in games...) as long as it is enabled in the msdash your box will shut down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn on xbox via remote || prevent xbox from turni0