Setup videostacking?
thanks, i'll have a go at this.
there is a ton of information about regex out there - search on google for "regular expressions".

here is one i've been using for reference...
http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/regex/

i'll try out some tests with the various formats you mentioned and get back to you with some working expressions...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thanks gglaze that would be great.
ok flybynite, because i can't resist a challenge...

here is a single regexp that should cover all the cases you've mentioned here:

Quote:<regexp>[ _\.-]*(svcd)?[ _\.-]*([\(\[]?[0-9]{4,4}[\)\]]?[ _\.-]*)?(dvdrip)?[ _\.-]*(xvid)?[ _\.-]+(cd)?[ _\.-]*[0-9]+[ _\.-]*(of[ _\.-]*[0-9]+[ _\.-]*)?(bh[ _\.-]*)?(rix[ _\.-]*)?</regexp>
but at this point, i would have to agree with the other devs here - you would be better off trying to do some cleanup of file names before putting them to the xbmc challenge - when you start to logically look at these complex regex expressions, you start to get an idea of where the tradeoff between complexity and extra time spent cleaning up file names lies.

fyi, in addition to the other site i posted, take a look at this one:
http://koralsoft.dir.bg/venimus/index.htm

it is an online regex tester - i'm sure there are plenty, but this one seemed to work well for me, because it gives you results instantly as you type! this is much easier than messing with your settings and rebooting your xbox - give it a try.

keep in mind - the xbmc code does everything in lower-case, so to use a tool like this, you need to first convert everything to lower-case if you want to simulate the results you're going to get with xbmc.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi, this is giving me headaches. my movies are all in the following format:

movie (1 of 2).avi
movie (2 of 2).avi
etc.

i have tried several of the advices above, but none worked. i have tried: http://koralsoft.dir.bg/venimus/index.htm, but no solution.

any help is appreciated.

thank you in advance.

hans
gglaze, some of the files from my earlier post are not working.

am.zeher.svcd.2005.dvdrip.cd.1.of.3.murgha.bin
am.zeher.svcd.2005.dvdrip.cd.2.of.3.murgha.bin
am.zeher.svcd.2005.dvdrip.cd.3.of.3.murgha.bin

also

hum.dum.svcd.2005.cd.1.of.2.murgha.bin
hum.dum.svcd.2005.cd.2.of.2.murgha.bin

and

am.bewafa.2005.dvdrip.svcd.cd.1.of.3.murghi.bin
am.bewafa.2005.dvdrip.svcd.cd.2.of.3.murghi.bin
am.bewafa.2005.dvdrip.svcd.cd.3.of.3.murghi.bin

but these are stacking fine. the fuzzy stacking always seemed to work in the earlier builds. i know that fuzzy is not coming back.

these stacked fine from the earlier post;

am.agneepath(1990).xvid.1of2bh.avi
am.agneepath(1990).xvid.2of2bh.avi

and

am.bride.and.prejudice.svcd.cd1.rix.bin
am.bride.and.prejudice.svcd.cd2.rix.bin
am.bride.and.prejudice.svcd.cd3.rix.bin

thanks
hansie2:

give this a try:

Quote:<regexp>[ ]\([0-9]+[ ]of[ ][0-9]+\)</regexp>

flybynite:

i was pretty sure i tested out all the examples you gave, but maybe my expression was too complex for xbmc...

here are 3 separate examples to handle the cases you just posted:

Quote:<regexp>\.svcd\.[0-9]{4,4}\.dvdrip\.cd\.[0-9]+\.of\.[0-9]+\.murgha</regexp>

<regexp>\.svcd\.[0-9]{4,4}\.cd\.[0-9]+\.of\.[0-9]+\.murgha</regexp>

<regexp>\.[0-9]{4,4}\.dvdrip\.svcd\.cd\.[0-9]+\.of\.[0-9]+\.murghi</regexp>
and here's a single combined version of those 3:

Quote:<regexp>(\.(svcd)?([0-9]{4,4})?(dvdrip)?)*\.cd\.[0-9]+\.of\.[0-9]+\.(murgha)?(murghi)?</regexp>

guys - it's really not that hard - please have a look at the links i posted.
Cool
gglaze: the regexp engine is fairly simple - it doesn't handle {} for instance. also, we look for the first set of () to determine the volume string to sort on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm as lazy as it gets but wholly cramolly...

clean up the file names people!

you are getting the darn things for free at least spend 30 seconds and rename the files... sheesh!

regex cannot cover all possible text options!!!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
gglaze, thanks for the help, but when using your suggested

<regexp>[ ]\([0-9]+[ ]of[ ][0-9]+\Wink</regexp>

for videos named:

movie (1 of 2).avi
movie (2 of 2).avi

gives me:

movie
movie

it is better already, but is there any possibility for getting:

movie

any further help much appreciated.

thanks a lot.

hans
right, based on what jm just said, i guess it would have to be...
Quote:<regexp>[ ]\(([0-9]+)[ ]of[ ]([0-9]+)\)</regexp>

gglaze, thanks a lot. that did the trick. it works great now. keep up the good work.....

hans

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup videostacking?0