Movies from one shared drive being shown twice into my library
Basically I have a file server in my loft that has a number of drives (named w,x,y & z). These are shared on my wired network to 2 XBMC PC's, one in the lounge and one on the bedroom.

The Lounge system works perfectly.

The bedroom system (which I believe to be set up in the same way as the lounge system) shows the movies held on Drive W twice when in library mode. This means for all the movies stored in that drive I get two thumbnails. Selecting either of them will play the movie.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

TD
Are you sharing the database? (MySQL)
No I don't think so. Each xbmc PC has it's own database held on their local hard drive. I have to update each machine separately.

It would be handy if I didn't have to do that but I don't know how.
How to Synchronize Your XBMC Media Center Between Every Room in the House
*this is a start - a good start. Next is to share your thumbnails

As far as "double movies", have you removed the share from XBMC and add it back? Does it (look like it) add back two entries?
If so, you database might be in a funky state and you might need to re-create it (rename old one and restart xbmc)
On linux it is located in .xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

Hope I helped
I have indeed deleted the database and started again, and removed that particular drive from the library and added it back again.

I didn't know about the shared database thing before now, so I'm going to persue that and start again with a fresh database. Hopefully that will sort my problem.

Thanks for your help.
for future reference it probably would have been easier to remove that source, run the database clean up to remove both entries of each movie, re-add the source and then rescan
Thanks for your input. I have since moved on from this thread.

Perhaps you can help out here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post894937

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies from one shared drive being shown twice into my library0