• 9(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
Hi,

i have a Problem with my Atmolight and DFAtmo at XBMC 12 RC2 (Frodo) Windows 7.
With XBMC 11 (Eden), anything works fine. But with the new version, the Atmolight effects
are stuttering and slowly.

Any Ideas?

thanks
Hello,

I have a problem too with DFAtmo, I don't know why the lights doesn't turn on.

The service is running and in the log, there aren't errors.

I use Atmolight with the last version of DFAtmo and XBMC 11 final in Windows 7. I've changed the com port but in the atmolight the led doesn't turn on (i used vlc to check it and it works fine).

Data1706, maybe your before config (in XBMC 11) helps me, if you have it.

Thank you.
Hello narcotico,

you will find the configfile in
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.dfatmo\settings.xml

Edit the value for "driver_param" to
COM3&speed:256000&proto:255|0|0|15|Rc|Gc|Bc|Rl|Gl|Bl|Rr|Gr|Br|Rt|Gt|Bt|Rb|Gb|Bb

In this string you must replace "COM3" with your COM Port.

Here is my complete config:

<settings>
<setting id="analyze_rate" value="35" />
<setting id="analyze_size" value="1" />
<setting id="bottom" value="1" />
<setting id="bottom_left" value="true" />
<setting id="bottom_right" value="true" />
<setting id="brightness" value="100" />
<setting id="center" value="false" />
<setting id="custom_driver" value="" />
<setting id="darkness_limit" value="1" />
<setting id="driver" value="serial" />
<setting id="driver_param" value="COM3&speed:38400&proto:255|0|0|15|Rc|Gc|Bc|Rl|Gl|Bl|Rr|Gr|Br|Rt|Gt|Bt|Rb|Gb|Bb" />
<setting id="edge_weighting" value="60" />
<setting id="enabled" value="true" />
<setting id="filter" value="2" />
<setting id="filter_delay" value="0" />
<setting id="filter_length" value="500" />
<setting id="filter_smoothness" value="50" />
<setting id="filter_threshold" value="40" />
<setting id="gamma" value="10" />
<setting id="hue_threshold" value="93" />
<setting id="hue_win_size" value="3" />
<setting id="left" value="1" />
<setting id="log_level" value="1" />
<setting id="output_rate" value="20" />
<setting id="overscan" value="0" />
<setting id="right" value="1" />
<setting id="sat_win_size" value="3" />
<setting id="top" value="1" />
<setting id="top_left" value="true" />
<setting id="top_right" value="true" />
<setting id="uniform_brightness" value="false" />
<setting id="wc_blue" value="255" />
<setting id="wc_green" value="255" />
<setting id="wc_red" value="255" />
<setting id="weight_limit" value="12" />
</settings>

I have found a german manual here.
http://ca.rstenpresser.de/index.php/xbmc-dfatmo.html

Hope this will help.

Data1706

Thank you very much Data1706.

First, I changed the "driver_param" and then the another values like in your config to check/test it.

From I've changed "driver_param" I can see the atmolight working (red led on it working), but the stripe leds don't turn on, do you know which could be the problem?

I was reading/reviewing the link that you post, but it's for the 8 and 16 channels versions, mine is the 4 channels and maybe the params are different.

Thanks.

Hello narcotico,

my Atmolight has four channels too. Be sure, that you have disabled any other software like Atmowin, VLC or else, which could access the atmolight.
The DFAtmo works only if you play a video. It does not work on the mainmenu of xbmc.

Otherwise, replace the entire config from my post to your settings.xml by copy and paste. Be sure you delete the old content before.

Hi,

first of all i would like to thank durchflieger for this wonderful plugin!

narcotico, i had some problems getting dfatmo to work with my xbmc eden installation (win7), too. in my case it was the "allinone script" from the aeon mq 4 skin. at least after disabling some features of that addon, dfatmo is working fine.so maybe you have some incompatibility issues with other plugins in xmbc, so i would suggest to disable other plugins and see if that fixes your problems, then enable the plugins one by one. alternatively try a clean xbmc installation and only add dfatmo addon.
Hi,

can someone help with Amblone setup?

I get an error "14:42:06 T:4548 ERROR: DFAtmo: output driver error: could not open serial port device 'COM16': The system cannot find the file specified."

The amblone software works on COM16 (I made sure it is not running while XBMC is running.)

I used the following string:
output driver -> Serial.

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&proto:amblone

Also tried

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&amblone&proto:amblone

Am I doing something wrong?
Hello again,

Data1706, I've uninstall vlc (atmowin wasn't installed), but the problem continues/persist.

alexxxo, I use Aeon skin (not mq 4 skin), I'll try to check that for this week making a clean install in another folder.

Komarto, I don't know soo much about this to help you, but, in your case, have you checked that you have the device connect in that port?: "my pc (right click) -> admin/management -> admin/management devices -> ports (com and lpt): check here the port of the device connected.

Thanks.
Hi,
currently I am using the boblight addon with xbmc eden. Unfortunately with full HD contend even with DXVA enabled boblight causes a lot of framedrops. If I disable boblight the HD content is played fine.

So my question is: Is DFAtmo faster/better than boblight/boblighthd?

To me it seems to be the only alternative to boblight because all other service need to turn off the fullscreen mode in XBMC (causing tearing and stuttering while playback and higher CPU load). As I understand this thread right, DFAtmo works fine with true fullscreen mode?

Last question: Is there any good How-To to get DFAtmo working with Win7 and XBMC Eden/Frodo?
(2013-01-28, 16:02)narcotico Wrote: Hello again,

Data1706, I've uninstall vlc (atmowin wasn't installed), but the problem continues/persist.

alexxxo, I use Aeon skin (not mq 4 skin), I'll try to check that for this week making a clean install in another folder.

Komarto, I don't know soo much about this to help you, but, in your case, have you checked that you have the device connect in that port?: "my pc (right click) -> admin/management -> admin/management devices -> ports (com and lpt): check here the port of the device connected.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes I checked that its connected, The amblone software works with that COM port, I want to us the xbmc plugin.

I have made sure that the system is working and running without XBMC.

The problem is with XBMC, do you use any other software on windows besides XBMC and the DFAtmo plugin?

(2013-01-28, 16:17)F0x123 Wrote: Hi,
currently I am using the boblight addon with xbmc eden. Unfortunately with full HD contend even with DXVA enabled boblight causes a lot of framedrops. If I disable boblight the HD content is played fine.

So my question is: Is DFAtmo faster/better than boblight/boblighthd?

To me it seems to be the only alternative to boblight because all other service need to turn off the fullscreen mode in XBMC (causing tearing and stuttering while playback and higher CPU load). As I understand this thread right, DFAtmo works fine with true fullscreen mode?

Last question: Is there any good How-To to get DFAtmo working with Win7 and XBMC Eden/Frodo?

At the moment I try to get DFAtmo running.

Will the dfatmo-xbmc-addon-win.zip work with the current XBMC Eden?
Furthermore I guess I have to use the AtmoWin - AtmoLight software with an appropriate pde file?

And this setup will work with XBMC true fullscreen active?

I would really be glad if some more experience user could answer my questions. Thanks!
(2012-12-31, 02:16)Data1706 Wrote: Hi,

i have a Problem with my Atmolight and DFAtmo at XBMC 12 RC2 (Frodo) Windows 7.
With XBMC 11 (Eden), anything works fine. But with the new version, the Atmolight effects
are stuttering and slowly.

Any Ideas?

thanks

did an update to frodo final, yesterday, i can confirm that the light effects are stuttering and slowly while video is running fine.
with eden there were no problems at all, i am running xbmc on Win8 64bit.

(2013-01-29, 19:48)F0x123 Wrote: Will the dfatmo-xbmc-addon-win.zip work with the current XBMC Eden?
And this setup will work with XBMC true fullscreen active?

yes and yes :-)
with eden absolutley perfect. you need to close atmowin before starting xbmc with dfatmo.
Thanks, so I first have to start atmowin to initialize the LEDs and then close it? And the XBMC addon will directly communicate with the arduino controller? But then where will the LED configuration be stored with the zones and so on?

And I still need a atmowin pde file and can't use my boblight.pde I guess.
well, i am not sure if dfatmo supports arduino, imho it depends on the protocol arduino is using (classic, maybe?).
i have a DIY 64 channel atmolight, using mini dmx protocol.

you do not need to initialize the leds with atmowin.
oh, I thought using an arduino is quite common.
I built a adalight system with this how-to

So do I need a daemon or something like that to get the xbmc addon connected to my arduino or where do I configure ports, protocol, rates, etc.?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1