• 12(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
(2013-04-04, 00:13)user1306 Wrote: when i install it within XBMC it does under the name DFAtmo-0.3.4 not like you mentioned above.
i tried copying the files directly in a directory names script.dfatmo but that didnt work.
when i try to start the add-on i get a message saying " Loading native atmodriver failed: no module named atmodriver" maybe this might help.
i am on Wn7 and using Amblone

thanks for the quick reply

Maybe subfolder structure is lost when unzipping addon?
your right it was unzipping wrong, i looked in the zip file and installed the zip found under the Windows folder and it worked great. thanks
Hello,

First I want to say that I love the addon! But (there's always a but Tongue), I would like to set it up so that it analyzes the videoframe and calculates the average color (no edge weighing etc.) of that frame (left and right, I have two channels) and outputs that to my arduino . I've played a lot with the settings and have found a combination that works pretty well, but sometimes I get the idea that colour values that change in the video somehow have more impact on the output colours. For example: I had a video with a desert in it, a stationary shot and then some red text was shown. The ambilight immediately went completely red whilst most of the image was actually desert coloured.
My question therefore is: can anybody recommend some settings that create the above mentioned 'flat' response?
Also, I still don't fully understand the hue/saturation windowing size, so maybe some answer lies there, they are currently both set to 5.

For future users I would maybe like to create an image that explains some of these settings, so they maybe have a clearer view of their impact. If the creator (durchflieger, I believe) wants this too?
@Bren730

to find the dominant color for a section DFAtmo generates a histogram for each section. First the captured RGB image is converted to a HSV
image (see Wikipedia for HSV color space). Then a histogram table for hue and saturation is generated by iterating over each pixel of a
section:

hue_histogram_table[pixel->H] += (pixel->V * weight)
sat_histogram_table[pixel->S] += (pixel->V * weight)

In the second step DFAtmo generates windowed histogramm tables from the calculated tables.
(Simplyfied) calculation example for a entry with a window size of 2:

windowed_histogram_table[i] += histogramm_table[i - 2] * 1
windowed_histogram_table[i] += histogramm_table[i - 1] * 2
windowed_histogram_table[i] = histogramm_table[i] * 3
windowed_histogram_table[i] += histogramm_table[i + 1] * 2
windowed_histogram_table[i] += histogramm_table[i + 2] * 1

In the third step DFAtmo evaluates the highest value in the two windowed histogramm
tables. The indices of the entry with the highest value are the hue and saturation value
of the dominant color.

Hopefully this explanation helps.

- durchflieger
@durchflieger

Thanks for the quick response (sorry for my late one). So how can I set DFAtmo up to not use dominant hue and saturation, but instead just output the average hue and saturation? To be more precise, what I would like it to do is simply take half the screen (preferably not just the edge, but the left and right half), add the RGB values of each pixel together (or HSV values), divide them by the amount of pixels that are in the array to create the average value and output that to the Arduino.

So as a function (for a Full HD screen, using RGB) something like this (poor coding skills, I am working on it Big Grin):
for(i = 0; i < (960 pixels * 1080 pixels); i++)
{
R += arrayContainingAllRedPixelValues[i]
G += arrayContainingAllGreenPixelValues[i]
B += arrayContainingAllBluePixelValues[i]
}
R = R/(960 pixels * 1080 pixels);
G = G/(960 pixels * 1080 pixels);
B = B/(960 pixels * 1080 pixels);

Is something like this possible in your addon? And I still don't quite understand the windowed histogram tables, what do they do to the previously created hue and saturation histogram tables? I tried googling it, but that, unfortunately, didn't make it any clearer.
If I am asking to much, just say so. I don't want to be a bother Tongue.

-Bren730
@Bren730

currently it is not possible to output average colors only by configuration.
A suitable algorithm has to be implemented in DFAtmo. (I have not plans doing that).

To take half of the screen and not only the edges for looking up the dominant color you
should set edge_weighting = 10. Maybe this will give you already the expected result.

The windowing of the found histograms is for smoothing the values of these tables.

- durchflieger
Okay, thanks for the fast replies! I wil tune my settings a little more.
Still love the addon, keep up the good work!
Hi,

I am using v13 nightlies and now I got this message:
18:06:38 T:3924 ERROR: DFAtmo: Loading native atmodriver failed: Module use of python26.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

Can you help solve this?
(2013-10-16, 15:17)komarto Wrote: Hi,

18:06:38 T:3924 ERROR: DFAtmo: Loading native atmodriver failed: Module use of python26.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

Can you help solve this?

I'm, too
Hello durchflieger, many thank for your nice Plugin.

I use Momolight v1 with 3 Quadrands works very well with dfatmo.

It is possible to use dfatmo if music runs like Milkdrop?

I can not find a solution for this problem.

Sorry for my bad Englisch! Smile

greetings from Leipzig
(2013-10-16, 15:17)komarto Wrote: Hi,

Can you help solve this?
In the git repository i uploaded a new windows/dfatmo-xbmc-addon-win.zip that is compiled against the actual xbmc master branch (xbmc v13).
But this version is currently NOT tested by myself!

(2013-10-19, 19:03)d3rb Wrote: Hello durchflieger, many thank for your nice Plugin.

I use Momolight v1 with 3 Quadrands works very well with dfatmo.

It is possible to use dfatmo if music runs like Milkdrop?

I can not find a solution for this problem.

Sorry for my bad Englisch! Smile

greetings from Leipzig
Sorry but there is currently only support for playback of video streams in dfatmo.
I have currently no plan to support playback of musik streams.

- durchflieger
Hi,

Just checked the new windows version against XBMC v13, AND IT WORKS Big Grin

Thank you!
Hi I had this working on XBMC 11, and when upgrading to 12 i never really had the time to work out why it didn't work.

After seeing the above posts saying they'd successfully got it working in XBMC 13, i hought i'd five it a go.

I just downloaded the most recent XMBC nightly and also the windows zip you mentioned above.

When i choose to install the add on via a zip file i receive an error of "DFATMO dependencies not met. Please contact the add on vendor"

Any ideas anyone?

This is literally a fresh install of XBMC and DFAtmo, i've not even configured anything else yet.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

a new version 0.4.0 of DFAtmo is available at github.
From the changelog:

Code:
Changed behavior of parameter uniform_brightness and calculation of uniform brightness to be more compatible to "classic" VDR Atmolight plugin.
VDR plugin: Do send black color output only once when suspended.

You will find ready to install addon zip files for xbmc v12 and v13 within the windows/ directory of the source tree.

Use "dfatmo-xbmc-addon-win.zip" for xbmc v13
Use "dfatmo-xbmc-frodo-addon-win.zip" for xbmc v12

Have fun!

- durchflieger
Hello Durchfliger

ich bekomme mein SeduBoard mit den Parametern nicht angesteuert bzw bekomme immer output fehler könntest du mir evtl. helfen?
/dev/ttySEDU ist klar wie sage ich dem Script das er es weiter an den Port Com3 weiterleiten soll?

MfG
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1