This case any good? Lian Li PC-A04
Hello all,

New on this forum but have been reading a lot. Was looking at the 6 disk SFF configuration from Eskro. Am from Europe. Saw this case http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...ndex=63&g=spec

It is cheaper, slightly more space (want to place the case in closet where fusebox electricity and landlines come into the house) How do you call that?

Has standard 7x 2,5 bays for HDD, besides that 2x 5,25 external bays. I can probably use these by converting them to 2 hot swap 3,5 bays (not sure about how to cool these) Then I would have 7 disks for the array, 1 for the paritydisk, 1 for a possible cachedisk? Is that nessecary as I want to have couchpotato, sickbeard and sanzb running on this machine.

Was looking into using i3 platform with gigabit network

Am I going overboard or am I reasoning correctly?

Space in the closet is the main issue, but do not have the space to put a tower in this closet.

Can anyone recommend a micro atx MB for i3, am a bit lost.
Amount of memory to use on this?

Loads of questions here. Hope that I am not considered lazy with all these questions but am a bit of a noob here.
as i dont use --> couch / sick / sab
best for you to ask whats recommended for running those application
on the unRAID Offical Forum,,,

the case you linked to seems ok,,
not sure how much smaller then the ANTEC 300 that i recommend,,,
you might wanna check it out as its a super nice case,,,
That Li PC-A04 case looks sweet! the quality of Li is top notch.... I can vouch to it since I own a case from them.

It's up to you. I had a case I was going to use for unRAID but I wen't back to my first choice again the Antec 300 Illusion since it's on sale and great fan flow and looks like a server to me.
Beer40oz Wrote:That Li PC-A04 case looks sweet! the quality of Li is top notch.... I can vouch to it since I own a case from them.

*looks at avatar*
......you seemed biased Oo
Spyhop Wrote:*looks at avatar*
......you seemed biased Oo

Lian Li are renowned for building top quality cases I have one also and the build quality is second to none, I think your find anyone who owns one is biased for that very reason Oo
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Own them? I used to sell them. They're decent, don't get me wrong. But I would never go aluminum if I wanted a quiet PC. I've also seen much smarter case designs than Lian Li.
Spyhop Wrote:Own them? I used to sell them. They're decent, don't get me wrong. But I would never go aluminum if I wanted a quiet PC. I've also seen much smarter case designs than Lian Li.

What material would you use for a silent build?
Steel. The heavier the better.
Not a lot of choice for steel case though... :/
What? Most cases are steel.
Lian Li=SEXy I love mine Smile I also said its up to to the person what ever floats there boat....
Thats just it. Lian Li cases don't have a lot going for them other than exterior appeal.
Spyhop Wrote:What? Most cases are steel.

Ah well, most of the cases that interest me are aluminium. I didn't see a lot in steel.*There's the Habey EMC-800 with 3mm aluminium. Seems thick enough imo!
Balinus Wrote:Ah well, most of the cases that interest me are aluminium. I didn't see a lot in steel.*There's the Habey EMC-800 with 3mm aluminium. Seems thick enough imo!

Except aluminum is a very poor sound damper. I've owned aluminum cases. They're noisy.
Filter your case search to cases that fit your function first, THEN choose the prettiest one out of what's available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This case any good? Lian Li PC-A040