[WINDOWS] XBMC Pre-Eden / MPC-HC as an external player for Bluray
bodhi Wrote:@JR,

Indeed! it's working great :-) Here is my latest playercorefactory.xml file, for future reference.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
      <args>"G:" /fullscreen /close {2}</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="BluRayDrive" protocols="bd" player="MPC-HC" />  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Now I realized that we've following mindweaver's example of the playercorefactory.xml that really does not work for MPC-HC! at the very least, not for Darhma 10.1 or later. Furthermore, perhaps XBMC should not default to {1} and use only whatever users specify in the args list? i.e. external players have different inputs and there is no way to determine in advance.

Really appreciated your help!
- bodhi

This thread has been extremely helpful! Thanks for helping to make my setup easy. I do have one final question about MPC as an external player. When I stop a movie, MPC doesn't close and stays in focus, leaving XBMC in the background. When I hit stop, can I get MPC to close automatically and return focus back to XBMC?
deh2k7 Wrote:This thread has been extremely helpful! Thanks for helping to make my setup easy. I do have one final question about MPC as an external player. When I stop a movie, MPC doesn't close and stays in focus, leaving XBMC in the background. When I hit stop, can I get MPC to close automatically and return focus back to XBMC?

It's the /close argument that makes MPC-HC close after it's finished playing. However I'm not sure what happens if you manually stop playback, or if there is acommand line argument to control this behaviour.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC Pre-Eden / MPC-HC as an external player for Bluray0